This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Audio Bible (English and Greek)

Christian Israel Identity and Other Alternative Media

Audio Bible (English and Greek)

Postby adelphos » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 am

Surprisingly (or maybe not) there are very few quality audio recordings of The Word. Those that are produced for a profit are typically spoken by actors (most of whom have no business reading or speaking our scriptures, and I'll leave it at that) and/or filled with second-rate music and sound-effects that are distractions, at best. A few months back I found a site in England by a guy who has free online (zipped and unzipped) mp3 audio files of the entire English Old and New Testaments, as well as (to date) spoken Greek for the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke (that work appears to still be in progress).

Yes, reading and contemplating The Word is superior to listening to a recording, but there's a great deal to be said of hearing The Word, as well. Save for a few classical CD's (from European composers, Bach being a favorite) I've long since tossed all the secular music from my earlier days (even if some were exceptionally produced, they all bore the stamp of antichrist demons, but I won't judge others who still dig the sounds of Yes and Pink Floyd, and so forth). That being said, I immerse myself on a daily basis with these audio files (plus a few sermons, now and then). I even place one earphone on my pillow to hear it when asleep (as the brain is always on, for lack of a better term, but that's another topic).

If interested, check out these links:

English
http://www.davidpfield.com/audio-bible/AudioBible.htm

Greek
http://www.davidpfield.com/audio-gnt/AudioGNT.htm

As for the guy who recorded the audio, he lists his credentials (he's an Oxbridge boy, as some Brits say, save for the boy part, that is, he earned a Theology degree at Oxford, and completed his Ph.D at Cambridge). Personally, I'm not big on initials that follow a name (for many reasons), but I point out his to drive home that he's well versed in the subject matter (regardless of his orthodox background and current evangelical churchianity). The speed of his speech is fairly quick, as his intention for making the recordings available, he says, is so people might read along with the audio, and in so doing actually read Scripture from beginning to end. In my opinion (and that's all that it is) his voice is excellent, and his reading is next to flawless (yes, he pauses here and there, but rarely). Best of all, these recordings are free to the public (a plus, for me, even if the translations are less than perfect). Have a listen, if you will.

Agape,
Robert

Hear ye the word which Yahweh speaketh unto you, O House of Israel: Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jeremiah 10:1-2

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen: Thus saith Yahweh that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, [which] will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.
Isaiah 44:1-2

And He said: He who has an ear to hear must hear!
Mark 4:9
adelphos

Re: Audio Bible (English and Greek)

Postby JamesTheJust » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks for the great links, brother.

I even place one earphone on my pillow to hear it when asleep (as the brain is always on, for lack of a better term, but that's another topic).

LOL! I do that when I am listening to Bill and Eli's Talkshoe lessons. I keep the recording in a loop.
Ye chosen seed of Israel's race, ye ransomed from the fall, hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all. Hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all.
JamesTheJust

Postby adelphos » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:36 am

JamesTheJust wrote:I do that when I am listening to Bill and Eli's Talkshoe lessons.

I've got many GB's of their mp3's and praise Yahweh for their righteous work (seriously, the material is phenomenal). And while their insights are greater than gold, so to speak, I have to confess (for lack of a better term) that it actually makes me laugh nearly every time I hear William Finck say the word jew! with complete and utter disdain for those devils (always as if the name itself leaves a nasty taste in his mouth). And when I hear him teach, I'm reminded of:

Yahshua saw Nathanael coming towards Him and He says about him: “Look! An Israelite indeed, in whom there is no guile!"

John 1:47
adelphos

Postby Les » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:37 am

I forgot, that was one of the original reasons why I used to sleep with the radio on. For when I was asleep I would still collect information from talk radio shows.
I should do that from now on with Eli's & Bill's shows. Do like you are doing, just enque them all on winamp 8-)
Les

Return to Alternative Media