This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

No Understanding of N.T. w/o O.T.

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

No Understanding of N.T. w/o O.T.

Postby PhilNotChristian » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:40 pm

I am a recent convert to the 'truth' and one striking difference I notice with CI is that they keep the O.T. alive whereas the mainstream churches keep it buried like it is irrelevant. I will never forget the 1st time I heard the phrase " I am a N.T. Christian". Do these people not realize they are throwing away the vast majority of the scriptures ?
PhilNotChristian

Re: No Understanding of N.T. w/o O.T.

Postby Nayto » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:21 pm

You're absolutely right. The "coming alive" of the "Old Testament" is a wonderful thing. Most who do not understand CI skim over it as if it is irrelevant or does not apply to them. I was one of those people at a stage and it sub-consciously caused me sadness in the process.

If they aren't ignoring the OT, they are ripping it out of context and pretending that prophecy intended specifically for Israel is meant for a bunch of niggers.

Another aspect to this is also how alive the New Testament becomes! There are very many things which judeo-Christians simply don't have the tools to understand in the NT.
Nayto

Postby EzraLB » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:05 pm

By some conservative estimates, there are at least 1,000 references to the OT in the NT--and that's from a mainstream perspective. I suspect that someone well-versed in CI could find many more indirect references. As Bill has pointed out, the Old Testament is pre-Christianity for pre-Christians--and to see it otherwise is to miss the whole point of the entire Bible. We cannot separate Christ from Yahweh, nor can we separate the New Testament from the Old.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Kentucky » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:25 pm

The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed. The New Testament is the Old Testament revealed.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Teutonic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:21 pm

That's the beauty of CI.

It combines the Old and the New Testament, while reconciling both with history and explaining what is happening in the world today.

You can't unlock any of the doors until you have the key.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Return to Old Testament Discussion