This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Pork. Also, head coverings for women.

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Re: Pork. Also, head coverings for women.

Postby Les » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:21 am

Fenwick wrote:
NicoChristian wrote: but her parents still tried to make her eat it.

I've no idea why people do that. It isn't even a particularly tasty meat in most forms. "Here, eat this bone-dry gammon that tastes of nothing but ammonia to prove you're not a towelhead".

THIS is where anti-pig eaters are wrong.
I used to eat it BECAUSE it tasted so "good". Maybe because it was how my Mom made pork chops, fried with a crispy coating like Kentucky Fried Chicken.
It was only last year my sister asked me about why+when I stopped eating pork/pig.

She was not surprised when I made my decision and our mother STILL kept making it for me against my wishes, around 1990. This was when I was convinced that the Bible truths by Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God was correct.
(I laugh now though, I got stoned on weed at a friend's home, then almost inhaled the meal taking it in so quick when I got home one day,
It was when I won a court case that day and was so happy to never have to ever eat another day of jail food.
Any kind of fried food always go down well on days like that!
:)
Les

Postby matthewott » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:02 pm

Plain and simple we should try to adhere to the clean foods laws as astutely as we are able. The concept of swine being "food" is a misinterpretation by judaeo-churchianty of Peter's vision in Acts. Pork is but a prime example of an "unclean food" or a "non-food", and I can give tons of examples why we shouldn't eat the flesh of an animal put here to be a walking garbage disposal. As Bill mentioned, partaking of unclean "food" will not land us in hell, but will make our existence here miserable at some time or another, whether through a simple belly ache, or a debilitating disease. As for head coverings, I completely agree with all of my brothers' scriptural assessments.
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby Jayde » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:54 pm

I find this topic interesting as a woman. I have never been a fan of jewelry and dont wear any. I have been given it by other women but put it away in a drawer, my ears arent pierced. I dont think it (jewelry) looks good, I feel it has a tacky, cheapening effect and I dont know the appeal. I dont wear make up apart from lipstick on rare occasion and always leave my hair down I have never done much elaborate with it.

As for dress, I do love ladyvlondon dresses when they are on sale, which are fancy but modest and go to the knee. If I wear something in public and find almost all the men looking at me it makes me uncomfortable and I dont wear it again outside the home. My husband laughs at me for it, but I need to feel personally in my comfort zone. I told him that as I am beautiful it aggravates things doing that. As men are visual creatures and there is no need to parade in their vision what they cant have. I dont need that type of attention from anyone but my husband. I am only interested in connecting with others intellectually about serious matters.

I think maybe other women Lack self confidence and dont know who they are so thats one of the only ways they feel they can be validated by men. Its a real pity! I do feel for them. Not all of the ones who dress elaborately are whores in action and they are so navie they dont know how their actions look. Todays age is so hollowed out and empty that we are mostly lost. I cant wait for change.
Jayde

Postby matthewott » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:41 pm

Before I met my wife, she wore makeup and more "modern" female attire, though on much more of an "I don't care what you think I look like" attitude. Tattoos were part of that attitude. It all made her "feel better about herself", but did not outwardly present who she truly is. She was a woman who had (and still does) an incredible affinity for Hitler, but no understanding why. She stayed married to one of the saddest excuses for a white man for well over a decade because she thought God would be mad at her for leaving him, despite the fact that her had cheated on her (divorce, by God's law) over and over, he ODed in her bathroom and she helped resucitate him, and he spent 85% of their marriage in jail, absentee, or on the run. He always made her think she had to wear makeup. Her experience with the world conflicted with her spirit harshly her whole life...until we met. I was able to explain to her why things are the way they are, and she took to the Christian Identity understanding like a duck to water. And by the natural course of being shown the Truth, she also understood what it meant to be truly loved, so now she could (for the most part) care less if she wears makeup, and she is more conscious of her modesty in her mode of dress. The Prevailing Christian consciousness is breathing it's last breaths in society, in which our white women are most profoundly affected...but that is part of the understanding we are supposed get from the "story" of Adam and Eve...
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Previous

Return to Old Testament Discussion