This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

an explanation to Jeremiah 31:33

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

an explanation to Jeremiah 31:33

Postby disciplemate » Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 am

Hi everyone, I was wondering the explanation to this verse:
"Jer_31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. "

Obviously this is referring to the new covenant but I wanted to find out what the scriptures mean when it says YHWY will out the law in the inward parts and write it in their hearts? To me that sounds like upon the advent of the new covenant there was to be an expectation of some kind of a mysterious inner revelation wrought upon by the people of Israel, but I dont see in the NT anywhere there was some kind of inner awakening of the mass of Israel. The closest I could come to that is the day of pentecost where the apostles started speaking in different tongues to preach the gospel, but it sounds much broader than that.
Also, doesnt that passage imply at the time (OT) that Israel didnt have the law of God upon their hearts? Obviously there were men of God who loved the Lord with all their heart and soul in the old covenant.

My speculation is that upon the advent of the new covenant, the spirit of YHWY inhabited Israel en-mass, however what difference in effect does it make to Israel before and after the new covenant? Im not really inclined to say it is some added revelation of conviction because obviously many adamites have no conviction over their sins.

I have tried searching through the website to answer this one but its proven to be an awkward question which I cant find a definitive conclusion to. Really would appreciate some enlightenment here :) Il be honest, that even when I was in mainstream denominational christianity, this verse used to puzzle me and I noticed heaps of 'christians' especially the shaker types used to abuse this passage beyong all meaning. Anyway thanks for reading.
disciplemate

Re: an explanation to Jeremiah 31:33

Postby Joe » Mon May 18, 2015 10:42 am

Europe became Christian, they lived according to the Law in their hearts. White people often do.
I searched Christogenea.

13 (since not the hearers of the law are just before Yahweh, but the performers of the law are to be considered just; 14 for when the Nations, which do not have the law, by nature practice the things of the law, these, not having law, themselves are a law; 15 who exhibit the work of the law written in their hearts, bearing witness with their conscience, and between one another considering accusations or then defending the accused;)

If “the Nations, which do not have the law”, can “exhibit the work of the law written in their hearts”, then those nations must have descended from the dispersions of the ancient children of Israel! They are the “just” of Habakkuk 2:4 and Romans 1:17: Israelites who are no longer under the law, but who nevertheless follow the spirit of the law written in their hearts.

From Jeremiah chapter 31: “31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
- See more at: http://christogenea.org/podcasts/epistl ... rqYpA.dpuf

Jer. 31:31-33: “Behold, the days come, saith Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers ... which my covenant they brake ... But this shall be the covenant that I will make ... I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts ...”
• Isa. 51:7: “Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law ...”
• Jer. 32:39-40: “And I will give them one heart, and one way ... And I will make an everlasting covenant with them ... I will put my fear in their hearts ...”
• Ezek. 11:19-20: “And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances ...”
• Deut. 30:6: “And Yahweh thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed ...”
• Jer. 4:4: “Circumcise yourselves to Yahweh, and take away the foreskins of your heart ...”

Now it should be evident, that if the laws of Yahweh were to be written in our hearts [a promise made only to Israel] then there is no longer a need for the written Levitical law, for the matters of the Law, encapsulated in the 10 commandments which Yahweh Himself illustrated (i.e. Mark 10, Luke 18), are common sense to OUR RACE! Paul explains these things in Hebrews 7, and in Romans 7:6 and 2:29 where he explains that we keep the law in spirit, and not in letter. The jews pretend to keep the law in letter, yet their Talmud is filled with many devices of “reasoning” and vile ways to get around the law! Know that even in modern litigation according to the laws of man, that courts often cite the difference between the “letter of the law” and the “spirit of the law” and realize that Paul is explaining that same thing here to the Romans.

So it should be obvious, that the removal of the yoke of the Levitical law is a matter of prophecy along with the New Covenant – [Yahshua says “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”, Matt. 11:30] – and Paul explains this very thing over and over, but using different methods for Romans and Hebrews, since they have different perspectives. Where Paul writes at Romans 2:14-15 “For when the Nations, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law ... which show the work of the law written in their hearts” is Paul not demonstrating that the Romans – themselves a part of “lost” Israel – are indeed Israelites to whom such a promise was made? Compare this to the words of the prophets quoted above! And where Paul tells the Corinthians at 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 “Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.” Is Paul not showing the fulfillment of the words of the prophets: that the New Covenant was being brought to Israel, whom the Dorian Greeks also descended from (as I can demonstrate in history and archaeology)? Read Paul’s quote of Jer. 31:33 to the Hebrews at 10:16. If one studies prophecy, one must come to the conclusion that the children of Israel are NOT bound to the written law, yet they should seek to obey it voluntarily. This is what Paul explains. The children of Satan have bound themselves to the written law, and never being able to fulfill it, they have condemned themselves!

Now this I can go further to demonstrate, but what I have written here should be sufficient. The children of Israel following the law in Spirit, and not in letter (the written law), is in itself a fulfillment of the law and the prophets, which Christ came to accomplish, and did! To deny such is to deny Him.
- See more at: http://christogenea.org/articles/graber ... KFsbf.dpuf
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby wmfinck » Mon May 18, 2015 10:58 am

Matthew 22 wrote: 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

After an understanding that there is only one true God, the foundation of the law is brotherly love for ones kinsmen. The society that arises upon this ethic is a lasting and cohesive society.

The children of Israel were put off in punishment, and Yahweh also said that He would bring them by a way which they knew not. One of the reasons for their punishment is clear in Amos: that they desired worldly goods and riches and came to despise their brethren. So we had a problem with Jewish materialism back then as well.

Yahweh does not use supernatural means to get His people to behave. That it church bullshit. If Yahweh operated in that manner, there would never have been any falling away. Rather, Yahweh uses worldly chastisement and tangible experience to punish His people to repentance. That is the over-arching theme of the Scripture (Jeremiah 30:11, Amos 3:2, Hebrews 12:8).

In all of the examples of Scripture, the Spirit of Yahweh only operates for good in men who are willing to submit themselves to God and who desire to do good.

Paul of Tarsus was addressing Romans who at one time had known God and His judgments, but who had fallen away. The Romans had come from the Trojans. They had a horrendous experience in the destruction of their cities in the Troad by the Greeks. With that experience, a large number of them went to Italy, where they built a society based upon the rule of law, which is an expression of care for one another. That was a very moral and upright society for many centuries, and rose to greatness. But it was in decline in the first century, for the same reasons ancient Israel went into decline. However Paul commended the Romans for their law-based society, which was an expression of the love they learned by the much earlier chastisement of Yahweh. That is an example for us, but Rome was far from perfect and it too became a part of the beast system.

The tangible historical experiences which the children of Israel suffer in their captivity, their nomadic wanderings, hunger, wars and other tribulations had prepared and are still preparing them for the acceptance of the gospel of Christ. Accepting the gospel, we accept His Law in a way that our fathers never did under the Old Covenant.

However we have still been in our time of punishment, and we have still been manipulated by those same nefarious forces of Jewish materialism and humanism which are described as Mystery Babylon. So while we as a people all understand the basic laws of Christ, we are still being tested, and will be tested, until we realize that only God can rule over us, and that we must repent. We must stop seeking the idols and governments of men.

Because the denominational churches do not see the historical Israel, they instead rely on esoteric explanations and magic. The effect of Jeremiah 31:33 has had many manifestations in history, but will not be perfected until Christ returns because only Christ can be King.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby wmfinck » Mon May 18, 2015 11:00 am

Thanks Joe!
That too, LOL
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby disciplemate » Mon May 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Appreciate the replies very much. From that, my remaining question is in regards to theocracy - should we implement the OT law code (excuding the temple rituals) into our own laws? Or would Israelite nations do just fine and be pleasing to God without the practice of a mosaic theocracy? The only thing being to that is that if a nation doesnt practice the OT law, there would obviously be differences and I wonder if the Lord finds this displeasing. I cant help but think about the verse "not one jot shall pass from the law until all be fulfulled."
So yes I believe obeying all the law is as simple as loving ones brother as themself and loving God, but more technically, I see that implementing the OT law would be most consistent to loving our brother and loving our God. My thoughts anyway, not sure if thats correct or not. Thanks.
disciplemate

Postby Joe » Tue May 19, 2015 3:23 am

Bill has Bible commentaries on Paul and podcast on these things. I really think you should read/listen to those.

Israel, Sin and the Law under the New Covenant
http://christogenea.org/podcasts/israel ... ant-part-1

Israel, Sin, the Law and Marriage Revisited
http://christogenea.org/podcasts/israel ... -revisited
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby disciplemate » Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 am

Thankyou Joe, I will listen to those! And thankyou everyone for your help with my question.
disciplemate

Return to Old Testament Discussion