This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Bible 101, Some Examples of the Use of the Word Qahal

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Re: Bible 101, Some Examples of the Use of the Word Qahal

Postby Lang » Tue May 13, 2014 11:51 pm

wmfinck wrote:Verse 23:1 seems to be an instruction to exclude eunuchs from the congregation, and the NAS and Matthew Henry agree.

Could it possibly mean hermaphrodites? One may think that hermaphrodites are bastards, but trust me I know at least 2 girls 100% german that were born with a penis. I always wondered what God would do of them, and now it came to mind and Joe also said that maybe they are included in the "eunuchs".
"Give a hammer to a white, and he will build civilization;
Give a hammer to an asian, and he will build other hammers;
Give a hammer to an arab, and he will kill his wife;
Give a hammer to a nigger, and he will kill whites;
Give a hammer to a jew, and he will sell it to niggers.
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby Augustus » Wed May 14, 2014 12:48 am

100% German? I don't think so, Lang. Sound like mamzers to me.
Augustus

Postby Lang » Wed May 14, 2014 1:45 am

Augustus wrote:100% German? I don't think so, Lang. Sound like mamzers to me.

Only if she had a distant, non-traceable mixture. They were daughters of well-known german families of my area, families which came directly from Germany, lived in german settlmenet areas and for most were all blonde-haired, fair-skinned and blue-eyed. Their families also were hard-working and had nothing which could expose them as mongrels.
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby wmfinck » Wed May 14, 2014 6:15 am

Wow, maybe I would say that I'd have to see it to believe it, but I surely do not want to see it!

Frankenfood, environmental poisons, pharmaceuticals, I wonder if any of those could have played a role in creating such biologically confused specimens.

But none of this has anything to do with this topic. A bastard is one born of fornication, not one simply born with a birth defect, which can affect sound families as well.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Lang » Wed May 14, 2014 6:52 am

Hey Bill,

But could them possibly fit into the eunuch category?

One of the girls took it off very early and today is a normal girl and no one suspects that. I find this idea very disgusting though.
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Wed May 14, 2014 10:15 am

If the commandment included genetically defective people we would surely see a lot more exlusions.people that would understandably be better off not reproducing and passing on their defects! (down syndrome for example)
Last edited by MikeTheAdamite on Wed May 14, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeTheAdamite

Postby Kentucky » Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 am

MikeTheAdamite wrote:If the commandment included genetically defective people we would surely see a lot more inclusions.people that would understandably be better off not reproducing and passing on their defects! (down syndrome for example)

Leviticus 21:16-24 has quite an array of defects which are the objects of divine discrimination. Hallelujah.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Wed May 14, 2014 11:17 am

Lang wrote:Hey Bill,

But could them possibly fit into the eunuch category?

One of the girls took it off very early and today is a normal girl and no one suspects that. I find this idea very disgusting though.

Ancient eunuchs are those who made themselves that way or who had been forced in slavery to be that way. These are excluded.

People born with birth defects are not eunuchs in the true sense of the word. However those girls, as MiketheAdamite infers, would be better off not reproducing. And as Kentucky illustrated, men with birth defects or even blemishes on their skin were precluded from approaching the altar of God.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Fenwick » Wed May 14, 2014 2:45 pm

wmfinck wrote:And as Kentucky illustrated, men with birth defects or even blemishes on their skin were precluded from approaching the altar of God.

I'd always understood that to be for the purposes of symbolising the importance of physical purity, applying to the temple ordinances but not to the general activity of the population.

It would be hard to imagine many of us would be left if we were to apply the blemish rule to our entire civilisation today.

EDIT: Ah, I looked it up. It does specify "the seed of Aaron" in that chapter.
Fenwick

Postby Joe » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:23 am

What is Christ talking about in Matthew 19:12.

For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to Old Testament Discussion