This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Ezekiel 3:18-19

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Ezekiel 3:18-19

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Ezekiel 3:18
"When I say to someone wicked ' you will positively die',and you do not actually warn him and speak in order to warn the wicked one from his wicked way to preserve him alive,he being wicked,in his error he will die,but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand."
3:19
But as for you,incase you have warned someone wicked and he does not actually turn back from his wickedness and from his wicked way,he himself for his error will die,but as for you,you will have delivered your own soul.

I was alerted to these verses by a friend who does not believe that all Israel will be saved.Ezekiel 3:20-21 continue in much the same vain.
Can somebody please help me explain how these verses don't contradict the understanding that all Israel shall be saved.
(or is death here only applying to the present world?which complicates things even more!)

Thanks and God bless.
MikeTheAdamite

Re: Ezekiel 3:18-19

Postby wmfinck » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 am

The word rendered as soul more often than not refers to one's physical life. The judgement spoken of in Ezekiel chapter 3 has to do with one's life in this world, and not one's eternal spirit.

1 Corinthians 5 wrote:4 In the name of our Prince, Yahshua Christ, your gathering together and of my Spirit, with the power of Prince Yahshua, 5 deliver such a wretch to the Adversary, for destruction of the flesh, in order that the Spirit may be preserved in the day of the Prince.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to Old Testament Discussion