This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Noah perfect in his generations (H1755)

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Noah perfect in his generations (H1755)

Postby Joe » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Gen 6:9 These are the generationsH8435 of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations,H1755 and Noah walked with God.

H8435

H1755

From the oldest Strong's concordance, H1755 says it never refers to posterity whereas H8435 can. The Septuagint does have racial connotations but apparently this was not in the KJV. Since I am unable to access other Hebrew manuscripts which other translations used, I would still put more confidence on the Septuagint.

I was unaware of this until now, perhaps the masoretic is corrupted.

Or perhaps the Septuagint translators had to use genea/genesis because of limitations with Greek, meaning the racial connotations may not have been intended in this verse, Greek probably would have a word to represent an age devoid of racial connotations and they could have used that instead...

Oh, or perhaps strongs has an error.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: Noah perfect in his generations (H1755)

Postby Lang » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Wow, now you caught me. I was not aware of this too. The Septuagint version used another word? Can you show it to me?
"Give a hammer to a white, and he will build civilization;
Give a hammer to an asian, and he will build other hammers;
Give a hammer to an arab, and he will kill his wife;
Give a hammer to a nigger, and he will kill whites;
Give a hammer to a jew, and he will sell it to niggers.
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby Filidh » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Gen 6:9 (w/out diacritics): αυται δε αι γενεσεις νωε νωε ανθρωπος δικαιος τελειος ων εν τη γενεα αυτου τω θεω ευηρεστησεν νωε

thus, by using γενεα (genea), it states that he was perfect in his biological descent.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby Lang » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Is there a tool to check what this hebraic words means?
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby Joe » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:04 am

^Strongs?, or you could find the masoretic text and then do your own translation.
I don't know. I would put more stock in the Septuagint. I think they probably chose a word to mean race, as there would have been other words they could have used.

It will take me sometime, years perhaps, to confirm this. lol

Here is the YLT, it is translated in a different sense. How can you be 'perfect among an age(s)', it can either be that he was righteous because he didn't break the Law (kind after kind), or in his descent. The context is that 'all the flesh of the earth was corrupt'. But that Noah was not corrupt, his flesh wasn't corrupt. So I really don't think it is much of an issue, it just challenged me.

"perfect he hath been among his generations; with God hath Noah walked habitually."
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby GermanSaxon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:09 pm

As Joe said,
I would put more stock in the Septuagint. The Masoretic text is a 10th Century text that has been through nine century's of Rabbi Revisions. Very little of proto Hebrew text in DSS.

Every definition of Strong's and Gesenius or any Hebrew Lexicon for the matter comes from the Rabbi’s mouth since 4th Century. Thank you Jerome.

This is why the Antichrist jews curse the day the Septuagint was created. They can’t play around with the Greek like they have the Hebrew.
German Saxon
GermanSaxon

Postby Lang » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 pm

^Strongs?,

Probably I'm not knowing how to properly use Strongs, LOL.
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby GermanSaxon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Lang said- "Probably I'm not knowing how to properly use Strongs, LOL."

My fault Lang. I should have said Strong's Hebrew Lexicon section of it's Concordance. All Hebrew word definitions come from the Anti-Christ Jews. The Greek definitions are from Our Kindred people. I never trust any quote from the Hebrew Masorectic Text without checking the Septuagint first.

A good place to start is here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/rgjones3/Sept ... pindex.htm

German
GermanSaxon

Postby Joe » Fri May 02, 2014 6:47 am

In Pragmatic Genesis 9 Bill makes a really good point about 'dor' (1755) being an abiding, to abide.

Gen 6:9 These are the generationsH8435 of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations,H1755 and Noah walked with God.

Thus we begin by talking of the generations of Noah using a word (H8435) which can refer to a family, and then we see that Noah was perfect in his abiding, that he abided in his family, in his race; he did so perfectly while others went outside the family and corrupted themselves.

This is the family of Noah, Noah abided in his family.

This is how I understood it.
Joe

Postby wmfinck » Fri May 02, 2014 7:13 am

That is what it means. That is why in 1 John chapter 3 the apostle says a man cannot sin if "his seed remaineth in him". I will touch on this tonight, but explain it at greater length next week when presenting Romans chapter 5.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to Old Testament Discussion