This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Noah's flood, fountains of the deep

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Noah's flood, fountains of the deep

Postby Israelite » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

We have all heard the story of the flood and im sure we have heard the diffrent beliefs about it. I have recently understood world wide flood did not happen. One thing i am confused about is when it says and Yahweh opened the fountains of the deep what does it mean by this? Creationist use this to say it flooded the whole earth n created the oceans . I can not argue for i do not understand it. Please help
Israelite

Re: Noah's flood, fountains of the deep

Postby JamesTheJust » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 pm

I could reinvent the wheel, but why bother?

Try the link below. I hope this helps.

http://christogenea.org/content/great-flood-genesis-chapters-6-through-9
Ye chosen seed of Israel's race, ye ransomed from the fall, hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all. Hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all.
JamesTheJust

Postby Israelite » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:51 pm

I am not wanting to reinvent the wheel just learn how it was made.
Israelite

Postby JamesTheJust » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:16 pm

You and I, both, brother. :D
Ye chosen seed of Israel's race, ye ransomed from the fall, hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all. Hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all.
JamesTheJust

Postby aleajactaest » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:59 pm

See attachment first.

GRAPH of FLOOD_by_J-F-Clerck.pdf
(42.82 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Which of the 2 biblical floods is the right one?
aleajactaest

Postby Staropramen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Let me address one common argument for a "worldwide flood" that is easily debunked.

Goobers often quote Genesis 8:9 as evidence of a worldwide flood;

9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

"Earth" is the Hebrew word "eratz" which means "the ground" and in common usage means "that land". The dove made three trips. We can see clearly in verse 12 that the ultimate destination of the dove was to part company with Noah for good. If this is so, and it is, why did the dove return to Noah the second time as recorded in verse 11? Why didn't the dove, upon discovering a place to rest the second time just stay there? Obviously the dove had an understanding that it had a job to do. How did the dove know this? There are only two possible explanations. Either Yahweh gave the dove supernatural understanding of the details of the mission or Noah had previously trained the dove. Can you say "homing pigeon"? In either scenario it would certainly be possible for the dove to understand that it's mission involved finding a dry place within the borders of the land in question and not just any old place to rest. Only a goofy judeochristian asshat would surmise a worldwide flood from Genesis 8:9. These buffoons will cite all sorts of data about different bird's ability to fly around the world and that's all fine and good but it has no relevance to this passage! These judeo-bozos have no faith in scripture and will gleefully twist it's meaning to preserve their homo-nigger loving jew-antiracist worldview!
Last edited by Staropramen on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby wmfinck » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:55 pm

aleajactaest wrote:See attachment first.

GRAPH of FLOOD_by_J-F-Clerck.pdf
Which of the 2 biblical floods is the right one?

Ummmm, I am missing something, or this chart is not very comprehensive.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby aleajactaest » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:55 pm

As I was missing something about Noah's flood, so I sympathetically understand others if they do.

The graphs are not perfect, just indicative. But the description of Noah's flood is neither.
I feel something is not quite "kosher" :lol: about the way the flood has been described.
Since I was a little boy, I could/did never digest this section of the Bible. And I always avoided it.

Give me some time and I will come up with some sufficient answer after I organize what I already found.
In the mean time, if you, William, and/or some other would like to join in this endeavor, please do;
the more the merrier.

staropramen said
"Earth" is the Hebrew word "eratz" which means "the ground" and in common usage means "that land". The dove made three trips. We can see clearly in verse 12 that the ultimate destination of the dove was to part company with Noah for good. If this is so, and it is, why did the dove return to Noah the second time as recorded in verse 11? Why didn't the dove, upon discovering a place to rest the second time just stay there? Obviously the dove had an understanding that it had a job to do. How did the dove know this? There are only two possible explanations. Either Yahweh gave the dove supernatural understanding of the details of the mission or Noah had previously trained the dove. Can you say "homing pigeon"? In either scenario it would certainly be possible for the dove to understand that it's mission involved finding a dry place within the borders of the land in question and not just any old place to rest. Only a goofy judeochristian asshat would surmise a worldwide flood from Genesis 8:9. These buffoons will cite all sorts of data about different bird's ability to fly around the world and that's all fine and good but it has no relevance to this passage! These judeo-bozos have no faith in scripture and will gleefully twist it's meaning to preserve their homo-nigger loving jew-antiracist worldview!

Except for your details of the dove whereabouts, I am with you with the rest of your reply.
I cannot believe that the flood was universal; too many indications that it wasn't.

Who like those jews liars and murderers?
Perhaps the USA, UK and Saudi Arabia governments like them.
( I am beginning to dream to think that there might even possibly be a biblical reason why they do )

But ... about the raven ... the 40 days ... the 150 days?
aleajactaest

Postby Staropramen » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 pm

aleajactaest wrote:Except for your details of the dove whereabouts, I am with you with the rest of your reply.

Could you elaborate please?
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby aleajactaest » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:31 pm

I hinted you
But ... about the raven ... the 40 days ... the 150 days?
Question - Is it the raven or the dove?
Question - The flood lasted for 40 days or for 150 days?

I have also said
I cannot believe that the flood was universal; too many indications that it wasn't.
According to some writers, there are only 3 places that a local flood could have happened:

1 - Persian gulf and/or southern Mesopotamia;
2 - Black lake which became Black sea;
3 - Tarim basin in North-West China;

and it could have happen in all 3 places simultaneously.

------------------------------------

William said
I admit that flood #1 is not that precise but flood #2 sufficiently is.
I need more time to come up with some sort of solution from scriptures.
That's why I am inviting you and others to join me in figuring it all out.
aleajactaest

Next

Return to Old Testament Discussion