This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Negroes and mulattoes mentioned in Ferrar Fenton Bible.

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Negroes and mulattoes mentioned in Ferrar Fenton Bible.

Postby NicoChristian » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 pm

I need somebody to help me on some verses I've been reading from my Ferrar Fenton bible. In 1 Chronicles chapter eight it reads about Shaharaim, who begat sons with barbarians and with Negro Kushites. The KJV doesn't say this, but the Ferrar Fenton clearly states it and also mentions that Negroes previously inhabited Palestine in a footnote, but I forget where it was. Could somebody explain this to me and what it means. I assume it was simply stating a historical fact and not condoning or condemning it. I noticed in the text that these mulattos simply set up a village and that's it. I need somebody to explain this a bit better to me, I've never seen anybody mention this in C.I. and I guess it would be time to discuss it.

YHWH bless.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Re: Negroes and mulattoes mentioned in Ferrar Fenton Bible.

Postby wmfinck » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:43 am

I only perused a copy of Fenton for a few days once some years ago, but I got the impression then that he (wrongly) thought that Ham was black, and that therefore Ham's descendants were also originally black. Because Fenton did do well on a few words, a lot of people in CI like his Bible. I was never one of them. And Ham was definitely not a nigger! Neither were the true Kushites!

I do have PDF facsimiles of the Fenton Bible on the Saxon Messenger site, for informational purposes. Here is the link: http://saxonmessenger.christogenea.org/ferrar-fenton-bible-pdfs
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: Negroes and mulattoes mentioned in Ferrar Fenton Bible.

Postby southbendw1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:00 pm

wmfinck wrote:I only perused a copy of Fenton for a few days once some years ago,

I bet I know who who you borrowed it from.
southbendw1

Return to Old Testament Discussion