This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Pre-Flood "Aqueous Ring": Fact or Fiction?

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Pre-Flood "Aqueous Ring": Fact or Fiction?

Postby matthewott » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:13 pm

One of our brethren sent this booklet to me after introducing me to a theory that apparently has been circulating in CI, though this is the first I've been exposed to it. It was written by one E.T. Tennyson back in the late 60's. While I know my brother means well, and is doing what we all should be doing in digging for the Truth, it should be pretty obvious that this publication has too many flaws to put any creedance in this so called "Aqueous Ring" theory. Here is the .pdf file which I have annotated up til about page 18. Page 22 was as far as I had gotten in this 32 page booklet before I couldn't take it anymore and had to start picking apart what I considered obvious.

http://matt.plymouthny.net/public/Three%20Worlds%20annotated.pdf

I like to hear some thoughts on this subject...
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Re: Pre-Flood "Aqueous Ring": Fact or Fiction?

Postby JamesTheJust » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:09 pm

There are certain questions I have concerning this theory, however, I cannot say that the author's position is totally or partially misguided. We simply do not know with assurance.

I always have to ask myself: Is it relevant? It makes nice conversation and some miscellaneous debate among those who have measured the weightier aspects of scripture, but it is not a reason for division.
Ye chosen seed of Israel's race, ye ransomed from the fall, hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all. Hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all.
JamesTheJust

Postby matthewott » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:57 pm

I certainly would never consider such a trivial piece of scriptural interpretation as worthy of causing division. Presenting such interpretations to the ekklesia for scrutiny is our duty and the purpose of this forum 8-)
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby JamesTheJust » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Matt,

You're back! Praise YHWH!
Ye chosen seed of Israel's race, ye ransomed from the fall, hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all. Hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all.
JamesTheJust

Return to Old Testament Discussion