This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Old Testament Discussion

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Re: Old Testament Discussion

Postby PhilNotChristian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:58 pm

wmfinck wrote:The problem is that most people do not realize that the Hebrew behind this verse is corrupt. Because of this, by necessity, any translation of it has serious shortcomings. While the Septuagint seems to ignore the gloss in the Hebrew of this verse and makes an attempt to translate it literally, early translators of the Scripture into Aramaic understood that there were problems, and attempted to fill in the blanks. All of this is discussed at length by Clifton Emahiser in his paper, The Problem With Genesis 4:1.
Hope this helps,
Bill

I went to this link @ Clifton's site and I don't see that it is so difficult to render as the truth. In fact I am going to see if I can find a down/load of these targums and interpreter's Bible. @ eSword you build a really nice module for research...if you're unaware of eSword. Anyone ??? got the links.
PhilNotChristian

Previous

Return to Old Testament Discussion