This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Thanksgiving in the Bible

Old Testament religious discussion apart from Biblical history

Thanksgiving in the Bible

Postby mouthypatricia » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Sheldon Emry was definitely on to something when he equated the Feast of the Harvest with Thanksgiving in America.

http://www.sheldonemrylibrary.com/Thank ... merica.pdf
mouthypatricia

Re: Thanksgiving in the Bible

Postby wmfinck » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:33 am

Yes, Thanksgiving is definitely a harvest feast. I always thought that was obvious! It may be off in calendar, but not in spirit (but the injuns really do have to stay home, LOL).
Any time that we can get with our kin, have fellowship and honor our Father is a good time. Praise Yahweh!
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby NicoChristian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:01 pm

We sadly don't have thanksgiving here, but I remember as a youth we used have the harvest festival. Funny as a youth I had the opportunity, but little interest. Now I have the interest but less opportunity as before.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Kentucky » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:36 pm

Happy Thanksgiving for 2016. No matter how bad things appear, there is always something to be thankful for. Thanks be to the Most High of Israel and our Kinsman Redeemer who has not forsaken us entirely. Thanks be to the host and blessed messenger of Christogenea, brother William Finck. Thanks be to the brothers and sisters of our humble community, sharing and caring for each other. Some history of our American Beulah land:

http://kinsmanredeemer.com/giving-thanks

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Teutonic » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:13 pm

wmfinck wrote:Any time that we can get with our kin, have fellowship and honor our Father is a good time. Praise Yahweh!

Amen to that.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby Gaius » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Happy Thanksgiving.
There's always something to be thankful for as Mark says.
But I've always thought it's a blessing for America to have set down a definite day.
Trusting, as lines are drawn, it will have increasing significance for all our people everywhere.
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
Gaius

Postby Staropramen » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:06 am

It sure ain't what it used to be for this decaying body. Five hours rest needed between turkey and pie. :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving!
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Return to Old Testament Discussion