This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

"The Angel of God" in the Old Testament is Jesus Christ

A Place For the Naysayers to Dispute the Truth, Because Only a JEW Would Deny That Yahshua Christ IS God!!!

"The Angel of God" in the Old Testament is Jesus Christ

Postby worms » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:05 pm

worms

Re: "The Angel of God" in the Old Testament is Jesus Christ

Postby EzraLB » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:47 pm

In order to make his argument for the identity of Michael as Christ, this guy seems to be denying the divinity of Christ--that Christ is Yahweh. If, in fact, he denies the identity of Christ, then his argument is false.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby wmfinck » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:20 pm

I agree with EzraLB.

I have caught hell from certain clowns for my Daniel 12:1-2 interpretation, because they insist that Michael is Christ.

First, the name "Michael" is generally interpreted to mean "Who is like God"?, and I agree with that interpretation. NOBODY is like God, which is why when Michael stands up to defend his people "there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time".

Now I do understand that the next line says "and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book", but that does not insist that Michael is actually Christ.

Actually, a certain Michael in Daniel chapter 10 is described only as "one of the chief princes", and therefore he cannot be Christ.

Christ is Yahweh God manifest in the flesh, and not merely one of a group of princes.

My Daniel 12 interpretation may not be correct, as it says a couple of verses later "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end".

However Michael is not Christ.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Kentucky » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:20 pm

EzraLB wrote:In order to make his argument for the identity of Michael as Christ, this guy seems to be denying the divinity of Christ--that Christ is Yahweh. If, in fact, he denies the identity of Christ, then his argument is false.

I didn't get that impression from comments like: "According to the Word, no one has seen the face of the FATHER and lived, right? (See Exodus 33:20) Yet Jacob has seen God face to face. Who is the Deity among the Godhead that gives new names unto His followers? And who is the one Deity in that Godhead that man has seen face to face? Of course, it is our Savior Himself, Jesus Christ! We all know He has been seen by men, and we also know He was the one who gave new names to each of the Apostles, including Paul. Plus He is the one that will give our new names as we enter into the City New Jerusalem."

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Kentucky » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:09 pm

wmfinck wrote:First, the name "Michael" is generally interpreted to mean "Who is like God"?, and I agree with that interpretation. NOBODY is like God, which is why when Michael stands up to defend his people "there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time".
Wasn't Adam made in the likeness of God? "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" Gen 1:26. As a Kinsman Redeemer, wasn't Christ racially just like us; "the Word made flesh," therefore is not Adamkind like God, although not God Himself? If we're talking just about God the Father, then of course nobody can be compared to that particular manifestation. But, God does manifest Himself in other things, sometimes referred to as types and antitypes so that we can identify each and every aspect of His glory. "Manna" and "the burning bush" comes to mind.

Christ is Yahweh God manifest in the flesh, and not merely one of a group of princes.

And yet Christ is referred to a "Prince" quite often ("Prince of Peace," "Prince of Life" etc), not to mention the frequency of it being translated such in the CNT. I'm wondering if Christ is "the King of kings," then why not "the Prince of princes"? If "He is ruling the kings of the earth" (Rev. 1:5 CNT, omits "prince" as found in the KJV), then why can't He be ruling the angels of heaven? Especially in light of Mt. 28:18 where Christ says, "all authority in heaven and upon the earth has been given to Me."

My Daniel 12 interpretation may not be correct, as it says a couple of verses later "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end".

However Michael is not Christ.

I didn't realize this was a controversy until this thread. There seems to be so many words that need to be rightly divided, and nobody working to that end should be ashamed or shamed for seeking the truth, notwithstanding clowns, that a plethora of interpretation can be made, but can only be clarified wholistically. It made me think of Joshua, which I understand means 'savior' and is the same name that sacred namers employ in Yashua today. Joshua is/was not Christ, but both were fulfilling an aspect of their divine calling by helping to save their own race of people. The latter, of course, dignified with a capital 'S' Savior. Perhaps it would be more succinct to say Michael was a type of Christ i.e. literally a chief messenger, which Christ fulfilled in His earthly ministry. The semantics, then, are weighed in the balance of celestial and terrestrial.

Mark
Kentucky

Return to Yahshua Christ IS Yahweh