This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Understanding Daniel 7

A Place For the Naysayers to Dispute the Truth, Because Only a JEW Would Deny That Yahshua Christ IS God!!!

Re: Understanding Daniel 7

Postby Joe » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:50 pm

I highlighted the bit I was responding to and made it clear that I did not think you were denying the divinity of Christ. I spoke of one idiot that goes down the route of sophistry to explain such things, that is what I was talking about.

As for sleeping, eating etc, ...my response was that Christ was how God represented Himself to men. He represented Himself as a man to men.

It is the mystery of godliness, the Word made flesh.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh,
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Kentucky » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 am

Hunter wrote:Scripture says that Yahshua was awakened from sleep. Wouldn't He be unconscious while He slept? Did He sleep like you and me, as mortal men normally sleep? Yet, was Yahweh, who is Spirit, asleep at the same time? That'd be a ridiculous assertion. Does it say anywhere in scripture that Yahweh (apart from Christ) has ever slept, sleeps or requires it? No! Should this cause us any dilemma? No!

How about when Christ was in Mary's womb, was God trapped in there, unable to see or hear, with no ability to oversee the universe? Again, should this cause any dilemma? No!

Now, do you get what I meant when I said, "How could our God be subjugated to merely being encapsulated/trapped within the physical form of Christ's body and mind?"?

I think what you're getting at and what we can all agree upon is that the Godhead is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. It's what the God of Israel proclaims about Himself: "I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides Me" Isaiah 45:5. I find that very comforting.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Hunter » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:42 am

Joe wrote:I highlighted the bit I was responding to and made it clear that I did not think you were denying the divinity of Christ. I spoke of one idiot that goes down the route of sophistry to explain such things, that is what I was talking about.

As for sleeping, eating etc, ...my response was that Christ was how God represented Himself to men. He represented Himself as a man to men.

It is the mystery of godliness, the Word made flesh.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh,

Sorry, Joe, I meant to address your reply a while back.

Just so you know, I did not take offense by your original remarks. I understood what you were trying to convey, but I had to make my position absolutely crystal clear. I did not want anyone to misconstrue what you said, leaving any possible notion that I deny His divinity in any way.

I should've tempered my words better, so as to show I wasn't mad at you. I do appreciate what you have to say around here. Its readily apparent Christ and His Word are at the center of your life. I can see that your focus is always to do what honors and pleases Him.
Hunter

Postby Joe » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:26 am

I appreciate that Hunter, and at the same time I didn't want you to think I was accusing you or thought poorly of you in anyway.

Praise Christ.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Previous

Return to Yahshua Christ IS Yahweh