This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Matthew 27:46 "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me"

A Place For the Naysayers to Dispute the Truth, Because Only a JEW Would Deny That Yahshua Christ IS God!!!

Matthew 27:46 "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me"

Postby ADLmostwanted » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

If Jesus and God are the same being, why is Jesus crying on the cross?
ADLmostwanted

Re: Matthew 27:46 "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me"

Postby PastorVisser » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am

Mat 27:46; "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani" is Hebrew (Christ spoke Aramaic).

Christ is quoting the messianic Psalm 22:1; "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

In peace,
PastorVisser

Postby matthewott » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:26 am

I would like to add that Yahshua was still a MAN and subject to all our weaknesses. Also, wasn't it written somewhere that during His time on the cross, the MAN Yahshua was to suffer ALONE? Can someone please clarify for me?
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby SaxonJackson » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Jesus Christ was both God and man. He was 100% God and 100% man. In order to become a perfect sacrifice for our transgressions, God (the living Word) had to put on the flesh and live a perfect and sinless existence. Read the entire 22nd Psalm to get a better understanding as to why He spoke those words before He gave up the Ghost.

John 1:1 and 1:14,
:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

The Word was with God and the Word was God.
SaxonJackson

Re: Matthew 27:46 "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me

Postby aleajactaest » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 am

It's amazing to see that no one in this forum got it right!

This goes for all other comments about God, El, Elohyim, Yahweh, Yahshua and Holy Spirit from differently entitled posts. Same for chats on Friday & Saturday evenings, and Sunday noon.

But it's very interesting. Please, continue the same or similarly. Thank you.
aleajactaest

Re: Matthew 27:46 "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me

Postby TheAryanPathtoHELL » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 pm

aleajactaest wrote:It's amazing to see that no one in this forum got it right!

This goes for all other comments about God, El, Elohyim, Yahweh, Yahshua and Holy Spirit from differently entitled posts. Same for chats on Friday & Saturday evenings, and Sunday noon.

But it's very interesting. Please, continue the same or similarly. Thank you.

How juvenile you are. You condemn others yet are too afraid to give an answer of your own. Quite pathetic.
TheAryanPathtoHELL

Return to Yahshua Christ IS Yahweh