This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

John 20:31 - The purpose of the Gospel of John

A Place For the Naysayers to Dispute the Truth, Because Only a JEW Would Deny That Yahshua Christ IS God!!!

John 20:31 - The purpose of the Gospel of John

Postby ADLmostwanted » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:15 pm

(John 20:31 MKJV) But these are written so that you might believe that
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you might have
life in His name.

Well that seems pretty clear. hmm.... I wonder why if Jesus=God he left that little detail out here? Inquiring minds want to know.
ADLmostwanted

Re: John 20:31 - The purpose of the Gospel of John

Postby wmfinck » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:51 pm

ADLmostwanted wrote:(John 20:31 MKJV) But these are written so that you might believe that
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you might have
life in His name.

Well that seems pretty clear. hmm.... I wonder why if Jesus=God he left that little detail out here? Inquiring minds want to know.

In your one-verse-at-a-time simple-mindedness, you fail to see the REST of the Gospel of John. You only want to continue to point out one verse at a time, and therefore continue to doubt.

What about John 1? The Word was in the beginning, the Word was God, and the Word was made flesh and walked among us? Are you too dumb to see that if a=b, and b=c, then a must = c too? Pretty simple concept, Mr. Mathematics Expert.

What about John 14:9:
"9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? "

What about John 15:24?
"John 15:24 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. "

You also miss Isaiah 9:6:
"Isaiah 9:6 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. "

And put that with Matthew 1:23:
"Matthew 1:23 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. "

The promise of the Christ was that YAHWEH HIMSELF would come and redeem Israel. That YAHWEH IS THE CHRIST! And this promise is all throughout Isaiah:

Isaiah 43:14 14 Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel;

Isaiah 41:14 14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 44:24 24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 49:26 26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Isaiah 54:5 5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Isaiah 59:20 20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

Only Yahweh Himself can be that Redeemer of Isaiah 59:20. If you cannot see the language, then you are either accusing Yahweh of being a liar, or you yourself are retarded. But you will never change my mind, and you will never define my God for me.

Isaiah 44:6 6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Now if there is no God besides Yahweh, how does Thomas say:
John 20:28 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

And Yahshua does not chastise him for it, but rather commends him?:
John 20:29 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

All of your arguing is vain. It is vain because it is not only contrary to Scripture, but because it is proven to be wrong in many other ways. Go to my website and read The Divorce Discourse. Yahshua Christ was Yahweh come to die on the cross to free the wife, Israel, from the law. Paul explains that at the beginning of Romans 7. Yahshua Christ, being Yahweh, has promised to marry Israel again, the purpose of the Wedding Supper of the Lamb in Revelation chapter 21 and elsewhere. That will be a fullfillment of Yahweh's promise to betroth Israel to Himself forever, at Hosea 2:19. The only way that any of this is possible, is that Yahshua is Yahweh Himself come in the flesh as one of his own descendants! That is how Yahshua is the "root and the branch" of Jesse. That is how Yahshua takes credit for having sown the "good seed", and for having existed even before Abraham.

You one-verse-wonders are skeptics because you are either too dumb or too lazy to examine the entire message of the Bible. You have not disproven a damned thing I've said so far, and you have not even considered most of it. All you do is hit me with one verse, a little false logic, and then you dodge off to another place. Go ahead, keep denying Scripture, or ignoring three-quarters of what I have said. To me, you have only continually shown yourself to be a simpleton.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to Yahshua Christ IS Yahweh