This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Pig Bang Theory

Discussions concerning medicine, health, Big Pharma sorcery, etc.

The Pig Bang Theory

Postby Kentucky » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:54 am

Why don't they just stop raising hogs? Somebody is going to get blown up real good one of these days.

http://news.msn.com/us/pig-bang-theory- ... scientists

Mark
Kentucky

Re: The Pig Bang Theory

Postby ElleJay » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:34 pm

It made me cringe when one of my sons decided to raise three pigs for slaughter. He sort of flaunted it in my face ... because I do not eat pork. He now has a freezer filled with said animal ... and I have to be careful when I eat at his home. I usually pack a little bag of extra food for me ... so I do not go hungry when I visit!!! :roll:

My father said once ... if a pig wouldn't eat something, neither would he. Too bad he loved pork ... and we were all raised on it. I loved it ... until I realized what they ate ... and, then, later, what Yahweh had to say about them.

Yes ... I have had the discussions about what really happened when the sheet was let down. The Bible even tells what it all means ... three times I believe! I think we could call the modern interpretation ... one strong delusion!!!

Elle
ElleJay

Postby Kentucky » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Indiana. Thirteen pigs at the 4-H fair in neighboring Grant County tested positive for a swine influenza virus (H3N2) and four human cases of variant influenza A (H3N2v) were detected among individuals who visited there, according to information released by State Board of Animal Health on Wednesday afternoon.

Each of the four people affected had visited the Grant County 4-H Fair, Marion, from June 16 to 22 prior to becoming ill, stated an official from Indiana State Department of Health, which is investigating the cases along with officials from Grant County Health Department.

http://www.hartfordcitynewstimes.com/ar ... 483315.txt

Mark
Kentucky

Postby TJ » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:40 pm

Incidences of spontaneous manure foaming have increased significantly since the phenomenon started cropping up at factory-scale hog farms in the upper Midwest. Explosions have killed thousands of pigs, costing farmers millions of dollars.

Those operations are not 'farms', and the persons that operate them are not 'farmers'.

We've got a video somewhere that shows what factory farming is, and how they use 'farm' exemptions to get away with polluting the land, and contaminating the water. The hog operations are particularly disgusting.
Husbands: Love your wives as Christ loved the church.
TJ

Postby Kentucky » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:54 pm

TJ wrote:Those operations are not 'farms', and the persons that operate them are not 'farmers'.

We've got a video somewhere that shows what factory farming is, and how they use 'farm' exemptions to get away with polluting the land, and contaminating the water. The hog operations are particularly disgusting.

You mean like this?: SUGAR LAND--May 30. 2013--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Smithfield Foods Incorporated (NYSE:FSD) (Smithfield, Virginia), the world's largest pork producer, is set to go private in a $4.7 billion sale to Shuanghui International Holdings Limited (Hong Kong), a leading stakeholder in China's largest meat-processing enterprise. The deal's total value is about $7.1 billion, including debt. http://www.industrialinfo.com/news/abst ... mID=235638

Mark
Kentucky

Return to Medicine & "Science"