This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Psychology of Racism?

Discussions concerning medicine, health, Big Pharma sorcery, etc.

The Psychology of Racism?

Postby wmfinck » Sat May 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Psychologists are claiming that lower cognitive ability = prejudice, right-wing ideology and social conservatism. So are all "smart" people perverts? Or are all perverts "smart" people?

The following trash is from http://pss.sagepub.com/content/early/20 ... 6.abstract
See also http://pss.sagepub.com/content/23/2/187

Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes
Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact

Gordon Hodson and
Michael A. Busseri

Gordon Hodson, Department of Psychology, Brock University, 500 Glenridge Ave., St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada L2S 3A1 E-mail: ghodson@brocku.ca

Despite their important implications for interpersonal behaviors and relations, cognitive abilities have been largely ignored as explanations of prejudice. We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups. In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology. A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice, a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status. Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

African Culture for Everyone - And a Pill for Racism?

Postby wmfinck » Sat May 11, 2013 7:33 pm

I originally posted this at http://lithobolos.net/content/african-c ... ill-racism

See the original article here: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/h ... bled=false

A pill that could prevent racism?
Scientists believe results show racism fueled by fear
British researchers found that a common heart disease drug lowers more than blood pressure - it lowers racist attitudes as well.
Researchers at Oxford University say that volunteers who took small doses of the beta blocker propranolol scored lower on tests used to detect "subconscious" racism than volunteers who took a dummy pill, London's The Telegraph reported.
Propranolol is used to reduce blood pressure, and can also manage panic and anxiety disorders.

Maybe we all need a little more of this:

We can only ask, Where is the pill that will cure us of niggers?
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: The Psychology of Racism?

Postby Kentucky » Sat May 11, 2013 9:29 pm

If I were to go to a landfill (we used to call 'em garbage dumps) and I was cognitive of the stink, but I kept going to the landfill every day thinking that it wouldn't stink, wouldn't that be cognitive dissonance? History shows that race mixing and sodomy are repulsive and odious to our culture. Therefore, to psychoanalyze these deviant aberrations of our society and advocating the recognition of them as normal is nothing short of a declaration of war against what the vast majority of people recognize as something that stinks.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby SwordBrethren » Sat May 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Kentucky wrote:If I were to go to a landfill (we used to call 'em garbage dumps) and I was cognitive of the stink, but I kept going to the landfill every day thinking that it wouldn't stink, wouldn't that be cognitive dissonance? History shows that race mixing and sodomy are repulsive and odious to our culture. Therefore, to psychoanalyze these deviant aberrations of our society and advocating the recognition of them as normal is nothing short of a declaration of war against what the vast majority of people recognize as something that stinks.

Mark

Cognitive dissonance is essentially holding two competing/contradictory ideas at the same time.

An example would be a woman who declares that she is not a racist and she does not judge people based on race, but she lives in an exclusively White area and she locks her car doors when she sees a black man walking by on the sidewalk. She might rationalize the locking of the doors by saying, "I'm just being safe, I would lock the doors if any strange man came walking by on the sidewalk..."

However, she actually has some awareness of racial issues but she also realizes that "racism" is very much frowned upon in our society, so her subconscious protects her from having to face the reality that she is a "racist" by offering alternative explanations for her behaviors which would otherwise suggest a level of racial awareness.
Revelation 18:
Und ich hörte eine andere Stimme vom Himmel, die sprach: Gehet aus von ihr, mein Volk, daß ihr nicht teilhaftig werdet ihrer Sünden, auf daß ihr nicht empfanget etwas von ihren Plagen!

Denn ihre Sünden reichen bis in den Himmel, und Gott denkt an ihren Frevel.

Judentum ist Verbrechertum!

Heute ist Deutschland die größte Weltmacht! - Der Führer 30 Januar 1940
SwordBrethren

Postby bahr » Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 am

... We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups.

Reality and History tell of course exactly the opposite. The higher the level of contact with "out-groups" ("rainbow"-colored beasts), the higher the level of "postjudice" of disgust! (btw, I love their new definitions of words: "Antonyms for prejudice include fairness, justice, impartiality, and tolerance.") :)

In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood...

Their definition of "intelligence" is related with "abstract-reasoning", while the only true definition -- like in the phrase "intelligence service", is "to have the complete knowledge and understanding of a certain subject" (i.e. to be "wise" in Scriptures). The "IQ" has nothing to do with a "measure of intelligence"!

...A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice...

Since when do we need "abstract-reasoning skills" to notice the evil in such behaviors?! And, besides, I don't need any "abstract-reasoning skill" to understand my Father, thank you!

...a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status. Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models.

The more "cognitive ability" we have -- the more we think like jewish demonic wizards of Oz in la-la-land, the more we live in a manure pit! How great!
bahr

Postby Nayto » Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 am

I wanted to read those articles, but unfortunately one has to pay insane fees to read anything other than the abstract. When I was in university we were sponsored those fees and could read everything for free. It gives me a fleeting regret that I didn't stay in academics :D

It's funny how in the abstract one can already see blatant flaws in research methodology. The control groups are incredibly 2-dimensional. It's so easy to have a control group which is hand-picked to be able to expect certain results. Also most of the time people base hypotheses on correlations i.e. The correlation itself or at least the interpretation thereof can be overstated. Especially if the researchers have an agenda, which in this case I am 99% sure that they do.

Apart from that even, there is an amusing internet meme which makes use of the Microsoft Internet Explorer market share and the murder rate in the USA:

The moral of the story is that a correlation does not necessarily lead to a direct causal relationship. Jew-controlled academics is rife with such intellectual dishonesty however. I read the FDA approved studies showing that the chemical poison aspartame is safe to eat in certain amounts daily. The research parameters were controlled in a such a way that the apparently logical conclusion could be made of the daily amount, however what the study failed (purposefully or not) to take into account was the cumulative effect of aspartame on the human body, not just its ability to process daily amounts.

Academics is a very much an ivory tower in this day and age. People accept everything they see in some random excerpt which has been peer-reviewed by jews and unwitting liberals. Of course brilliant studies on race by William Shockley were discarded despite his flawless research methodology. He made brilliant control groups which accounted for each psychological, sociological and biological effects. Regardless, it was not politically correct and thus he was academically shunned for the rest of his life despite his brilliance as a semi-modern polymath.

Ultimately my point is that these studies are quite meaningless.

SwordBrethren wrote:Cognitive dissonance is essentially holding two competing/contradictory ideas at the same time.

Cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort and subsequent rationalization of events to reduce said discomfort which follows from holding two or more contradicting beliefs. If a personal can hold the two contradicting beliefs comfortably, there is no cognitive dissonance.
Nayto

Postby learningaboutCI » Sun May 12, 2013 1:08 pm

These studies exist to stigmatize, or pathologize, normalcy.

For example, fear does cause racism. That is to say, my instinctive or even fact-based awareness of the inevitable consequences of permitting low-IQ overly impulsive self-absorbed beasts to live in our territory generates within me an ineradicable foreboding and disquiet, heightened whenever I notice the beasts or observe any lowering of our natural barriers to them—barriers essential to our group survival. So the charm of such a study is that it lends a patina of sophistication to a presentation which has no substance other than to stigmatize normalcy.
learningaboutCI

Postby Nayto » Sun May 12, 2013 1:15 pm

learningaboutCI wrote:stigmatize normalcy.

Isaiah 5:20 comes to mind 8-)
Nayto

Return to Medicine & "Science"