This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Baking Soda and 1918 Flu Prevention

Discussions concerning medicine, health, Big Pharma sorcery, etc.

Baking Soda and 1918 Flu Prevention

Postby mouthypatricia » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 am

This is slated for the Dec. Issue of the Idaho Observer-

1918 Flu Prevention

We received a half sheet with this information from an I.O. reader:

"The proven value of Bicarbonate of Soda as a therapeutic agent is further evidence of a prominent physician in a letter to the Church and Dwight Company"

"In 1918 and 1919 while fighting the 'Flu' with the U.S. Public Health Service it was brought to my attention that rarely any one who had been thoroughly alkalinized with bicarbonate of soda contracted the disease, and those who did contract it, if alkalinized early, would invariably have mild attacks. I have since that time treated all cases of 'Cold', Influenza and LaGripe by first giving generous doses of Bicarbonate of Soda, and in many, many instances within 36 hours the symptoms would have entirely abated.

"Further, within my own household, before Women's Clubs and Parent-Teachers' Association, I have advocated the use of soda as a preventative for 'Colds', with the result that now many reports are coming in stating that those who took 'Soda' were not affected, while nearly everyone around them had the 'Flu'.

"…An occasional three-day course of the Bicarbonate of Soda increases the alkalinity of the blood, assists elimination and increases the resisting power of the body to all Infectious Diseases."

It went on to say “Wherever taking a bicarbonate solution internally the soda should be dissolve in cold water. In the event of a threatened attack we recommend the following treatment: During the first day take six doses of half teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda in a glad of cool water, at about two hour intervals.”

Note: It’s recommended to use aluminum-free baking soda such as Bob’s Red Mill.
mouthypatricia

Return to Medicine & "Science"