This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

a cat got the "swine flu"!

Discussions concerning medicine, health, Big Pharma sorcery, etc.

a cat got the "swine flu"!

Postby wmfinck » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Ames (Iowa) Tribune > News
Officials: Swine flu confirmed in Iowa cat
Published: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:47 PM CST

DES MOINES (AP) -- The swine flu virus has been confirmed in a cat treated at the Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine.

Officials said Wednesday it's the first known case of the virus to be diagnosed in a cat. Veterinarians say the virus has also been confirmed in two ferrets, one in Oregon and the other in Nebraska.

The 13-year-old cat was treated in Ames, Iowa, and is recovering.

The veterinarian who treated the cat, Dr. Brett Sponseller, says two of the three people in the same house had flu-like symptoms before the cat became ill.

The case was confirmed at both Iowa State and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Sponseller says the flu is known to spread from humans to pets, but this is the first case of swine flu to spread to a cat.

[http://www.amestrib.com/articles/2009/11/04/ames_tribune/news/doc4af1cc0d9ef8f300464756.txt]

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-

And what can we expect next? "Officials: Swine flu confirmed in Arkansas parakeet "??

- From Ronald Gardner, http://gardner.christogenea.org/ (-WRF)
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: a cat got the "swine flu"!

Postby PILGRIM » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Oh no! Even pets can be Swine Flu Typhoid Marys??? We're doomed! I hope I can get my shot before they run out! :shock:
PILGRIM

Return to Medicine & "Science"