This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Annual Sabbaths (Feast Days)

Discussions concerning the New Testament

Annual Sabbaths (Feast Days)

Postby bamaman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Do we as Anglo-Saxon suppose to keep the seven annual holy days, like Passover, Unleavened Bread,
Pentecost, Atonement, Trumpets, Tabernacles, and the Last Great Day? If so how do we keep them and
how do I calculate when Passover begins? I have heard many people in CI say so many things and some
even follow Jewish Babylonian Calendar which I think was started by John Hercanus, then some say to
go by observing the barley ears. I am looking for everyone's input on this subject. I admit I am very
ignorant on this subject. There are those that say the holy days are still applicable and some that say
they are not. Maybe this should be in the Old Testament Discussion?
bamaman

Re: Annual Sabbaths (Feast Days)

Postby wmfinck » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:53 am

Paul tells us to keep the feasts. Yet - for I believe that he knew there would be confusion, and it is evident in Scripture that there already were divergent calendars at the time of Christ - he also tells us to let no man judge us regarding them, and that Christians should celebrate every day.

It is good to keep the feasts, but when? There are as many "inspired" calendars as there are CI pastors. Every one of them can be contested in one way or another. Yet I believe that one of the more rational is Ken Lent's (http://www.solarsabbath.org).

What is more important than an exact calendar, however, is your care for your brother. If his calendar is a day off of yours, and you're at his house, don't sweat him for it.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby PILGRIM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:33 am

I take it that GMO barley ears should be excluded from consideration....????
PILGRIM

Postby matthewott » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 am

LOL PILGRIM! I would certainly imagine their growing season is according to the JEWISH calender. :lol:
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby bamaman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:40 pm

According to what I personally believe, Abib starts when the barley ears just barely
start to form or when the seed hairs just start to develop, then when that happens the
first day of the full moon is the beginning of the first day of Abib. Now the moon rotates
around the earth in 28 1/2 or 29 1/2 days. I think it is 29 1/2 days. So using the moon
as a calendar because it cycles the earth in 29 1/2 days we can determine the first day
of a month. The reason I first wait on the barley hair to first form is because I believe
it is based on soil temperature when calculating passover. The first full moon after that
marks the first day of the season of Abib. Then from that point we can count down 14
days and know when passover begins. Well according scripture a days starts from
sundown and ends at sundown. So sundown on the end of 13th day begins the 14th day of
Abib, which according to my calculations is Passover. Then from there on I can calculate
all the other annual Sabbaths. I strongly believe this way because all the annual Sabbaths
have an agricultural theme. The reason I think this way is because I was raised on a farm
and it is just logical to me. This would put Passover between March and April, or in March
or April. Every year it will be based on soil temperature and the first full moon will mark the
first day of Abib. I think Abib means green or spring. The barley is to be planted in September
or October depending on where you live. Then it slowly grows until March or April, according
to where you live. In March or April it will grow fast and as soon as it develops the very first
seed hair then I know when the season of Abib is and the full moon marks the first day of
Abib. I accept this because it is not based on the Jewish calendar or any mans calendar, but
based on the agricultural cycle of soil temperature and the fact the moon rotates around the
Earth in 28 1/2 or 29 1/2 days. In essence the moon rotates the earth in 30 days, every month
should have 30 days and no more. This is a bit scientific but based on agricultural cycles.
Not many people subscribe to this and because of that I believe since this is not in the view
of the majority it has to be a little more correct than other calculations. I admit I might not even
be correct at all and I might be close to calculating the real passover. But thinking with a mind of
a farmer I might be pretty close to the exact date of the passover. I am not perfect, I cannot say
that I am one hundred percent correct. I do believe I am pretty close. Now I am not forcing my
beliefs on anyone and how ever you people keep the passover is still good. At least we make
an attempt to keep passover and honor Yahweh. Now I have to get off my lazy bum and start
keeping the annual Sabbaths. Until I can start planting barley I will just go by a calendar until
I can get my land worked up real good so I can condition the soil and start planting barley in the
fall and use the calculation I cited here. What ever works for everyone, good, I do not judge any
one on how the keep passover. As long as people do keep passover then they are doing good.

Does anyone have an unleavened bread recipes, I have no clue and I will not buy the
unleavened bread from the supermarket and support the Jew.
bamaman

Postby JoePennsylvania » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Bamaman

i think you are on the right track. I know many here brush off the moon as a Yahweh unit of time/date measurement. Im not going to argue over it though if people see it differently them myself.
I think i would use the NEW MOON though as the beginning date after the green barley as the start of abib.

Some use the spring equinox and then the new moon to dertermine the start of abib.

But i def think you are on the right thinking.

i wish it was much clearer and didnt have to be wondered or debated about. but like every thing in this walk toward yawheh much is still hidden and mysterious and unanswered clearly.
JoePennsylvania

Postby bamaman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:51 am

JoePennsylvania wrote:Bamaman

i think you are on the right track. I know many here brush off the moon as a Yahweh unit of time/date measurement. Im not going to argue over it though if people see it differently them myself.
I think i would use the NEW MOON though as the beginning date after the green barley as the start of abib.

Some use the spring equinox and then the new moon to dertermine the start of abib.

But i def think you are on the right thinking.

i wish it was much clearer and didnt have to be wondered or debated about. but like every thing in this walk toward yawheh much is still hidden and mysterious and unanswered clearly.

I don't know about the new moon, I believe in scripture Yahweh said that He hated
their New Moons. I would not reckon by the New Moon for that reason. I think only
the Jew venerates the New Moon. Where as, I just use the full moon as a marker for
the first day of Abib after the barley ears start to develop.
bamaman

Postby Michael » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 am

Being a farmer most of my life, both crop and cattle, I think I can say in confidence that following the agricultural cycle is a wild thing. If there is one certain thing about agriculture, it is that it is uncertain,...even with irrigation. Yes, there is heat in the summer, and cold in the winter, but I can say I have experienced everything in between from year to year, and that is from farming in some of the better farming areas in the world. Now put that into perspective in the territories of Canaan and Mesopotamia, where it can be as dry as a bone, then the only thing governing germination dates, and correspondingly seed development dates, is the availability of moisture. No moon is going to do anything to a seed and a germinated plant, if it ain't got water.

Any grain will go to seed earlier, and so have a shorter maturity date, if it does not recieve enough moisture. It is simply the plant's reaction to difficult conditions, to go to seed earlier so that it can at least reproduce itself. If adequate moisture is available, then a full maturity time is reached. However, how can we with accuracy then place exact Feast days to such an uncertain process. I have seen many New Moons pass with no rains...and indeed many autumn and spring times pass with all types of moons...and no rains... No rains equals no crops, no crops certainly equals no development of the barley heads.

So for these reasons, although I agree with you Bamaman that the agricultural calendar may underpin the timing of some of the occasions to be recognised, I think it is certainly not an accurate measurement that allows one to place exact dates on. Thats for sure this is one of those areas that is a hard question.

I also think this is one of those areas that should not cause division amongst our Isrealite brethren. That is, it is not a point that we should use to not fellowship with another Isrealite. It is not that important in the greater scheme of things, and I think this is behind Paul's position, as Bill highlights above. It is more important to me for us to fellowship with our racial brethren to try and save the small remnant of white folk and white civilisation that is left today.

The main point should be that the occasions can be remembered and recognised, and importantly they are remembered by Isrealite men, women, and families that have their Father Yahweh in their hearts, and who follow His Word and Laws, and who know who they themselves are.

PS: Am currently trying to get done planted 2000 acres of winter wheat, and 1100 acres of winter barley, but have been held up by constant rain so that we can't get on the fields....So now too much moisture!
Last edited by Michael on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Matthew 7 16-19 KJV
Michael

Postby bamaman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 am

Michael wrote:Being a farmer most of my life, both crop and cattle, I think I can say in confidence that following the agricultural cycle is a wild thing. If there is one certain thing about agriculture, it is that it is uncertain,...even with irrigation. Yes, there is heat in the summer, and cold in the winter, but I can say I have experienced everything in between from year to year, and that is from farming in some of the better farming areas in the world. Now put that into perspective in the territories of Canaan and Mesopotamia, where it can be as dry as a bone, then the only thing governing germination dates, and correspondingly seed development dates, is the availability of moisture. No moon is going to do anything to a seed and a germinated plant, if it ain't got water.

Any grain will go to seed earlier, and so have a shorter maturity date, if it does not recieve enough moisture. It is simply the plant's reaction to difficult conditions, to go to seed earlier so that it can at least reproduce itself. If adequate moisture is available, then a full maturity time is reached. However, how can we with accuracy then place exact Feast days to such an uncertain process. I have seen many New Moons pass with no rains...and indeed many autumn and spring times pass with all types of moons...and no rains... No rains equals no crops, no crops certainly equals no development of the barley heads.

So for these reasons, although I agree with you Bamaman that the agricultural calendar may underpin the timing of some of the occasions to be recognised, I think it is certainly not an accurate measurement that allows one to place exact dates on. Thats for sure this is one of those areas that is a hard question.

I also think this is one of those areas that should not cause division amongst our Isrealite brethren. That is, it is not a point that we should use to not fellowship with another Isrealite. It is not that important in the greater scheme of things, and I think this is behind Paul's position, as Bill highlights above. It is more important to me for us to fellowship with our racial brethren to try and save the small remnant of white folk and white civilisation that is left today.

The main point should be that the occasions can be remembered and recognised, and importantly they are remembered by Isrealite men, women, and families that have their Father Yahweh in their hearts, and who follow his Word and Laws, and who know who they themselves are.

PS: Am currently trying to get done planted 2000 acres of winter wheat, and 1100 acres of winter barley, but have been held up by constant rain so that we can't get on the fields....So now too much moisture!

Thank you for your post. I am not trying to cause any division. I know that everyone
has different opinions on this and I welcome everyones comments. I am trying to get
everyones ideas on this. I do not claim to be an authority on this. Nevertheless, I do
enjoy readings everyones comment on this subject. i don't argue or get upset how
people keep the annual sabbaths because no one really knows for sure the correct
time and dates, as long as people do keep the annual sabbaths for love of God then
all is well.

Yahweh Bless.
bamaman

Postby matthewott » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Excellent! Thank you Kammi!
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Return to New Testament Discussion