This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Anointed Standard Translation N.T.

Discussions concerning the New Testament

Anointed Standard Translation N.T.

Postby PhilNotChristian » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:07 am

Someone pointed this out to me but info is difficult to come by ???
PhilNotChristian

Re: Anointed Standard Translation N.T.

Postby Joe » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:36 am

Is it by Herrell?
Initially I had only read a couple verses of it and thought 'spirit of separation' might be useful to point-out to people, but I think it is important that Holy is also connected with God, to be sacred, separate, clean, consecrated to God.

I don't like this either. I much prefer to just understand the meaning of Holy.
And he proclaimed, saying, "He who comes after me is stronger than me, of Whom I am not fit to stoop down to loosen the thong of His sandals. 8Truly, I baptize you [in] water, but He will baptize you in the Mentality of Separation."
12And the Mentality at once thrust Him out into the wilderness. 13And He was there in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts, and the messengers ministered to Him.

I haven't read much of his Bible though. I guess I would consider it out of interest and to compare to other translations.

1 Corinthians 15:1-8
AST
1But brothers, I make known to you the good message which I proclaimed to you, which you also received, in which you also stand; 2by which you also are being saved if you hold fast the word I announced to you, unless you had persuasion in vain. 3For I delivered to you in the first place what I also received, that the Anointed died for our failures according to the Scriptures, 4and that He was buried, and has been raised the third day, according to the Scriptures, 5and that He was seen by Cephas; then by the twelve; 6afterwards, He was seen by over five hundred brothers at one time, of whom, most remain until now, but also some fell asleep. 7Afterward, he was seen by Jacob, then by all the Ambassadors, 8and lastly of all, even as if to one born out of time, He was seen by me also.

Christogenea NT
1Co 15:1 Now I explain to you, brethren, the good message which I have announced to you, and which you have received, and in which you have been established,
1Co 15:2 and through which you are preserved, if you hold fast to each statement I have announced to you, unless outside you have believed without purpose.
1Co 15:3 For you are among the first that I had transmitted to that which I also had received. That Christ had been slain for our errors, in accordance with the writings;
1Co 15:4 and that He had been buried, and that He was raised in the third day, in accordance with the writings;
1Co 15:5 and that He had appeared to Kephas, then to the twelve.
1Co 15:6 Thereafter He had appeared to more than five hundred brethren at the same time, of whom the greater number remain until presently, but some have died.
1Co 15:7 Then He had appeared to Iakobos, then to all of the ambassadors;
1Co 15:8 and last of all, just as if from a wound, He had appeared to me also.

I think Bill has done a good job of clarifying the words of Paul, it reads better, in respect of Paul being the first CI teacher too. I think the CNT is superior and would definitely keep it as my right-hand Bible. I could keep an AST on the shelf.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby PhilNotChristian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:24 am

It is by Herrell. Like I sais I had just heard of it but he is supposed to be CI. Good or bad, is it not good for clarification ? I will stick with CNT and ASV for OT. I am sorry to the KJV only folks. It is difficult for me to understand the archaic language.
PhilNotChristian

Postby Staropramen » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:37 am

Christian wrote:I am sorry to the KJV only folks. It is difficult for me to understand the archaic language.

Arthur Lee made a good point about the KJV on his recent program with Bill. If the original meaning of the Greek words and phrases are to be ignored in favor of the KJV English then Jesus and the Apostles were very often in error.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby PhilNotChristian » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Staropramen wrote:
Christian wrote:I am sorry to the KJV only folks. It is difficult for me to understand the archaic language.

Arthur Lee made a good point about the KJV on his recent program with Bill. If the original meaning of the Greek words and phrases are to be ignored in favor of the KJV English then Jesus and the Apostles were very often in error.

I get that. I really do. But the language of the KJV drives me crazy. I spend more time in Strong's than I do the Bible if I stick to the KJV. I like the ASV (not to be confused with the AST) because of the language. I am aware of the danger of "NEW AGE" versions but I do not believe AST falls into that category and there is a Sacred Name version which appeals to me. Am I wrong to be offended by the use of "Jesus" ? Because it really does bother me a lot.
PhilNotChristian

Return to New Testament Discussion