This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

John 10:21-30

Discussions concerning the New Testament

John 10:21-30

Postby Staropramen » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:52 am

22 Then there was the feast of dedication in Jerusalem – it was winter – 23 and Yahshua walked about in the temple on the porch of Solomon. 24 Then the Judaeans surrounded Him and said to Him: “How long do You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, speak to us openly!” 25 Yahshua replied to them: “I have spoken to you and you do not believe! The works which I do in the name of My Father, these things testify concerning Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not My sheep! 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me, 28 and I give to them eternal life and they are not lost forever and one shall not snatch them from My hand. 29 My Father who gave them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them from the hand of the Father! 30 I and the Father are One!”

How does one harmonize these verses with the fact that not all Israelites accept Christ in this lifetime? It would seem to me that the sheep can only hear the voice of Christ when Yahweh removes the blinders and sometimes Yahweh keeps the blinders on so that His will be done. Of course ultimately every knee shall bow and thus every blinder will be removed. So is verse 27 meant to be understood in a futuristic, "when it's all said and done" sense only?

Jesus told the jews that their immediate rejection proved that they weren't sheep. Wouldn't that have caused the new Christians to suspect blinded, Christ rejecting Israelites of being Edomite kikes since they too rejected Him?
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Re: John 10:21-30

Postby aleajactaest » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:59 pm

The sheep of Jesus are many and ALL White Europeans = Adamites.
Even the assholes and/or totally unbelievers will eventually be resurrected.
If it is not so, then we have an incompetent and/or inept God.

Of those verses, incidentally, I think that the most important one by far is the 30th:
"I and the Father are one."
What does it mean exactly????
aleajactaest

Postby Kentucky » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Staropramen wrote:How does one harmonize these verses with the fact that not all Israelites accept Christ in this lifetime?

Hearing and accepting are two different things. In the Hebrew, hearing and obeying were the same word. This situation presents itself so that all are in need of a Kinsman Redeemer and the reason why Christ came.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Staropramen wrote:
22 Then there was the feast of dedication in Jerusalem – it was winter – 23 and Yahshua walked about in the temple on the porch of Solomon. 24 Then the Judaeans surrounded Him and said to Him: “How long do You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, speak to us openly!” 25 Yahshua replied to them: “I have spoken to you and you do not believe! The works which I do in the name of My Father, these things testify concerning Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not My sheep! 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me, 28 and I give to them eternal life and they are not lost forever and one shall not snatch them from My hand. 29 My Father who gave them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them from the hand of the Father! 30 I and the Father are One!”

How does one harmonize these verses with the fact that not all Israelites accept Christ in this lifetime? It would seem to me that the sheep can only hear the voice of Christ when Yahweh removes the blinders and sometimes Yahweh keeps the blinders on so that His will be done. Of course ultimately every knee shall bow and thus every blinder will be removed. So is verse 27 meant to be understood in a futuristic, "when it's all said and done" sense only?

Jesus told the jews that their immediate rejection proved that they weren't sheep. Wouldn't that have caused the new Christians to suspect blinded, Christ rejecting Israelites of being Edomite kikes since they too rejected Him?

Your paradigm is wrong for this reason:

The Judaeans that Christ had spoken to were speaking to Christ.

Ostensibly, now no Israelite has seen Christ since 33 AD.

Many of us have "heard" the Gospel, but those Judaeans at that time rejected Him to His face. We cannot blame our people who are still blind because they have not seen Him. The cheap imitations all suck, LOL

After dinner edit: The Jesus our people reject (those who have any common sense) is a hippy-flower-child universalist jew who loves nigger and fags. Wow, I rejected him too!
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to New Testament Discussion