This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

jews rejected Christ

Discussions concerning the New Testament

jews rejected Christ

Postby Joe » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:45 am

A JC idea I have seen is "the jews rejected Christ so now salvation is offered to the gentiles"
I know, gentiles does not mean 'non-jews'.

I was just wondering if someone can explain what Scriptures the JC's use for these beliefs.

Maybe we could even discuss how we interpret those Scriptures. Obviously the truth is that Christ rejected the jews.

I kept getting this from the JC's, saying that "yes, Christ did only come for Israel, but they rejected Him, so He changed His mind".
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: jews rejected Christ

Postby Staropramen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:57 am

My wife was reading Romans 11 yesterday from the KJV and I was explaining the meaning and context as she was reading. It's that word "gentiles" in connecction with the idea that the jews are Israel that is the root of the confusion. When confronting judeos read Romans 11 from Bill's translation which rightly omits this stupid word "gentiles". When you read "Nations" interject "of dispersed Israel" for clarification to those unschooled in Identity.

7 What then, what Israel seeks after, this it did not attain to? But the chosen have succeeded, and the rest were hardened, 8 just as it is written, “Yahweh has given to them a spirit of slumber, eyes that see not, and ears that hear not, unto this very day.” 9 And David says, “Their dining table will be for a snare, and for a hunting of beasts, and for a trap, and for a repayment to them;” 10 “Their eyes will be darkened to not see, and their backs continually bow.”

11 Now I say, did they stumble in order that they would fall? Certainly not! But in their fall is preservation to the Nations, for the provocation of them to jealousy. 12 But if their fall is the wealth of the Society, and their defeat the wealth of the Nations, how much more their fullness? 13 Indeed I speak to you, the Nations, because I am an ambassador of the Nations, I honor my office, 14 if possibly I would provoke to jealousy my kinsmen, and preserve some from among them. 15 Indeed if the disposal of them is the reconciliation of the Society, what would the acceptance be, if not life from among the dead?

It's pretty clear in these passages that Yahweh has a program for ALL of Israel, both Judeans and the dispersion which has nothing to do with other trees. In terms of salvation only olive trees are talked about here and elsewhere in the bible.

23 Moreover they also, if they do not remain in disbelief, shall be grafted in; indeed Yahweh is able to graft them in anew. 24 If you from out of a naturally wild olive tree had been cut off, and contrary to nature had been grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more can those natural ones be grafted into their own olive tree?
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks Staro, that is the one I was thinking of. I am only up to Romans part 5, so I am sure I will know more about this soon. There doesn't seem to be anything else they could use to claim that.

My wife was reading Romans 11 yesterday from the KJV and I was explaining the meaning and context as she was reading. It's that word "gentiles" in connecction with the idea that the jews are Israel that is the root of the confusion. When confronting judeos read Romans 11 from Bill's translation which rightly omits this stupid word "gentiles". When you read "Nations" interject "of dispersed Israel" for clarification to those unschooled in Identity.

Exactly, I think I have said it should be 'Nations' but adding 'of dispersed Israel' is better. I also referred to the term 'forefather', as even the ASV has it. To make it clear that they are from Abraham.

It's pretty clear in these passages that Yahweh has a program for ALL of Israel, both Judeans and the dispersion which has nothing to do with other trees. In terms of salvation only olive trees are talked about here and elsewhere in the bible.

How He would make Judah, Ephraim and the dispersed Nations one.

Psa 118:22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

I guess some Israelites rejected Him. How they were hardened so that God's will could be done.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Joe » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:49 am

Another parable JC's will use is the parable of the wedding feast. They say that the jews were invited first, but rejected Christ. Then the 'gentiles' got invitations.

Why would Christ invite goats. He rejected the jews.
Joe

Postby Staropramen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:17 am

Joe wrote:Another parable JC's will use is the parable of the wedding feast. They say that the jews were invited first, but rejected Christ. Then the 'gentiles' got invitations.

Why would Christ invite goats. He rejected the jews.

Judeos use their own stubborn hard-heartedness to justify what they want to believe. As long as they insist that the kikes are Israel one is essentially wasting his/her time trying to explain scripture to them. My wife tried running this one past me this morning: why is the rainbow seen all over the planet if it was a sign relative to a specific area that was flooded? My answer: Yahweh's people are now spread all over the planet. All judeo misconceptions are very easily explained but if one has an affinity for one's own blindness then the simple becomes difficult or impossible to see.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:12 am

Judeos use their own stubborn hard-heartedness to justify what they want to believe. As long as they insist that the kikes are Israel one is essentially wasting his/her time trying to explain scripture to them.

They rarely seem willing to even consider that the jews aren't Israel, putting the jews before the Bible. Idolatry. You are right, that is the first thing they would have to accept, that the jews aren't Israel. And any Scripture that contradicts their view is dismissed, or they make a story to side-step it. It is amazing how they can make the Bible fit their dogma sometimes.

My wife tried running this one past me this morning: why is the rainbow seen all over the planet if it was a sign relative to a specific area that was flooded? My answer: Yahweh's people are now spread all over the planet. All judeo misconceptions are very easily explained but if one has an affinity for one's own blindness then the simple becomes difficult or impossible to see.

I guess God knew we would conquer the earth, all the earth is His. I don't think the devils are really aware anyways, they will never see what we see.
Joe

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:40 pm

How about acts 18:6 which ends:
'From now on I will go to the gentiles'
Like you say,gentile is wrongly understood to mean 'non Jew' but I have heard Bill say we should embrace the Latin word 'gentile' as it has a genetic meaning which 'nations' doesn't clearly show.
MikeTheAdamite

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:37 am

The word gentile is not an English word, and its use in Scripture is deceptive because it is misunderstood. It came from Latin and was adopted into the English Bible for religious purposes. According to the Junior Classic Latin Dictionary published by Wilcox & Follett Company in 1945 gentilis means “of the same clan or race”, it being derived from the word gens which primarily means to describe a clan, but also a stock, family, tribe or nation. Properly, a nation can only consist of those of a single race of people, whether there are other races in the same geographical area or not. Those of other races cannot ever properly be a part of one's nation.

Thanks.
Joe

Return to New Testament Discussion