This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

II Thess 2:10

Discussions concerning the New Testament

II Thess 2:10

Postby learningaboutCI » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:56 pm

I have a question about this verse, a question which I think perhaps I can answer but I'd like your view.

For the mystery of lawlessness is already operating, he prevailing only presently until he should be out of the way, and then will the lawless be revealed, whom Prince Yahshua will destroy with the breath of His mouth, and abolish at the manifestation of His presence. Whose presence is in accordance with the operation of the Adversary in all power and signs and wonders of falsehood, and in every trick of unrighteousness in those who are perishing, because they accepted not the love of the truth, for them to be preserved. And because of this Yahweh sends to them an operation of error, for them to believe in that which is false, that all those should be judged who believing not in the truth, rather have satisfaction in unrighteousness.

I bolded verse 10.

My question is, Churchianity likes to think of this section as proof of Hell. If you don't accept the Gospel (as they present it), then you are not preserved. I think the CI view of this verse may be: if you don't accept the truth, as an Israelite you are still saved but you are bound over for destruction of the flesh in this world. In other words, if you like what the other races and the Jews have to offer, then you will suffer in this life, by those associations. And if you don't accept the true revelation, then Yahweh sends you some errors for you to believe, not unlike sending homosexuality to those who reject God. Is that how you understand it?
learningaboutCI

Re: II Thess 2:10

Postby wmfinck » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:16 pm

This is the second-earliest of Paul's surviving epistles, written before Jerusalem was destroyed, and he was talking (in context) about the Edomite Jews and those in Judaea who rejected Christ and remained under the Edomite Jew influence. Therefore his conversation is relevant to them, although history repeats itself when we do not learn its lessons.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to New Testament Discussion