This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Romans 7:3 question

Discussions concerning the New Testament

Romans 7:3 question

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:21 pm

I have a queery regarding Romans chapter 7
I think it is the understanding here that the reason Christ died was that Israel commited adultery and the only way she,the nation,could avoid dieing was for the husband Yahweh to die before Israel is sentenced to death,thus releasing her from the law.(this is the idea I get after listening to Bills early podcast on Romans.)
Romans 7:3:
"So then as the husband is living,she would be labeled an adultress if she were found with another man,but if the husband should die,she is free from the law,she is not an adultress being found with another man."

I have been told by a non CI Christian that this is incorrect and that the verse is telling us that a woman is free to remarry after the husband dies but does not clear an adultress of her sin.
Have I got this wrong or as he??

And I don't understand how Yahweh could take his adulterous wife back.I thought this was forbidden in Deuteronomy?!?
Last edited by MikeTheAdamite on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeTheAdamite

Re: Romans 7:3 question

Postby Staropramen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Jeremiah 31:31-38 31 Behold, the days come, saith Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith Yahweh: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith Yahweh, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know Yahweh: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Yahweh: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. 35 Thus saith Yahweh, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: 36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. 37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

While Israel deserved death under the law, we see that Yahweh promised that Israel would certainly not die, but rather would be a nation forever. There is only one way that this could be done without Yahwehs being a hypocrite and breaking His Own law: He himself had to die in order to free Israel from the law! This is why Christ professed that He came to fulfill the law! Paul explains this very thing in Romans chapter 7:

Romans 7:1-4 KJV Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

http://christogenea.org/podcasts/yahweh ... -13th-2010
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Staropramen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:06 pm

MikeTheAdamite wrote:I have been told by a non CI Christian that this is incorrect and that the verse is telling us that a woman is free to remarry after the husband dies but does not clear an adultress of her sin.
Have I got this wrong or as he??

I think what he is saying is that if some random woman is cheating on her husband and he dies she is still a sinner in God's eyes and simply remarrying another man, even if she were to be faithful to him would not absolve her of her past sins. I assume your friend believes in this "born again" nonsense? That's what it sounds like to me. His statement reeks of "personal salvation" theology rather than Covenant theology. We should all repent when we come to an understanding that something that we have done in the past is evil and not pleasing to Yahweh. Christ payed the price for Israel and we are all saved, period. But we are not all friends of Christ. This is why we, Israel are called to be regenerated. Eventually we will all be friends of Christ but as long as any Israelite is in opposition to Yahweh that Israelite will be in danger of suffering the effects of sin. An Israelite in opposition to Yahweh will have no rewards in the Kingdom should they die in that unregenerated state. Caring for our brothers and sisters means conveying this to them. It's about teaching them what they need to know to lead godly lives where the devil can't touch them and how what they then work for has eternal value rather than temporary "value", if you can even call it that.

Here's two scenarios;

The first white woman cheats on her husband habitually for years and then he dies. She meets another man and marries him. Before she feels the desire to cheat on him she meets a CI follower and starts learning the bible. Slowly she begins to believe it's contents and starts bringing her life little by little into agreement with Christ. This woman is well on the road to spiritual recovery even if she has not specifically repented for her past adulteries.

The second white woman cheats on her husband with multiple niggers on a regular basis. She's a drunk, drug addict, thief and has several diseases. She meets a judeo who tells her to repent and everything will be fine. So she mouths a few words and starts conforming to judeo teachings. She gets off the drugs, booze and stops stealing. Then she marries a "christian" nigger and gets a job working for jews for Jesus [he who does not gather the sheep scatters the sheep]. Her and her nigger husband get involved in persecuting some racist CI folks in the area who have started a church. I tell you this woman has become an even bigger whore who is lower than the niggers because she hates her own kind.

I say that woman number one, at the point in her life which I described is in a much better place in relationship to Yahweh, even earning rewards than woman number two who has actually pushed herself further into the slime and filth where the only reward is shame. I would even venture to suggest that whatever demons drove her to drink, drug and steal have by their own accord stopped tormenting her in these specific ways so that she could go to an even greater level of depravity: that of a filthy preacher of jewism for non-jews. "Oh Jesus saved me from drugs, alcohol, etc." We've all heard the testimonies. Don't get me wrong, Jesus does heal people of these vices when we approach Him properly. But to go from the crackhouse to the judeo church is not the same thing. In that situation a person is only asking for a new assignment serving the same ol' devil.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:55 am

Thanks Staroperamen,
Now it's obvious:
Yahweh died so therefore his law comes to an end so she is not punished under a law that is no longer in effect!
Thats what Bill was trying to say in the Romans podcast,Im just too stupid to get things sometimes!
MikeTheAdamite

Postby Staropramen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:30 am

MikeTheAdamite wrote:Thanks Staropramen,
Now it's obvious:
Yahweh died so therefore his law comes to an end so she is not punished under a law that is no longer in effect!
Thats what Bill was trying to say in the Romans podcast,Im just too stupid to get things sometimes!

I don't think it's that the law is no longer in effect it's that by dying Yahweh can remarry Israel without violating His own law. This can be very complicated sometimes. I too have to re-listen and re-read things over and over and over again before it sinks in.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:56 am

Ok ,not the law itself but the sacrificial requirements of the law are done away with.In this case-Death is no longer necessary for commuting adultery.therefore,once Yahweh died as Christ,the adultress bride was no longer required to die.
MikeTheAdamite

Postby Nayto » Tue May 27, 2014 3:44 pm

This was covered by Bill quite comprehensively in one of his recent pod casts on Romans and I agree with him.

Basically if a husband divorces his wife he may not take her back. However if he dies the wife is no longer bound to the law of marriage with that husband. God died in Christ, freeing us of the law of marriage, allowing Him to take us back.
Nayto

Return to New Testament Discussion