This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

treasure in heaven

Discussions concerning the New Testament

Re: treasure in heaven

Postby wmfinck » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Concerning the original post, all of the choices given concerning storing treasure in heaven, except for a few comments at the end, are bullshit. There is no need for prayer for the dead, and Christians should, as Christ told His apostles, pray so that they themselves do not fall into temptation. Paul explains that our prayer should be constant: 24/7 as we walk through life. But not with open displays which are a pretense of piety and not the substance thereof.

Concerning Staropramen's response, his attitude is good because while he is not wealthy, he does what he can do. We are not all eyes and hands, but each of us should use the gifts which he has available for the advancement of the Kingdom of God.

I have elucidated in several programs, most recently in one of the first two Micah segments, that for those of us who are wealthy, God gives us wealth as a trial, and His law demands that we use that wealth for the advancement of His kingdom.

Whether you can feed your hungry brethren and shelter the poor, or whether you can spread the True Gospel, or whether you can support those who do such things is immaterial. What matters is that you do whatever you can by your ability.

Christ devoted and gave up His life for His brethren. He told us to keep His commandments, and added one to them: to love one another. Therefore, we store up treasure in heaven by using our earthly gifts - whether they be material or ethereal - for the betterment of our brethren - whether that be spiritual or physical. For this reason, He beckoned us to take up our cross and follow Him. In other words, we should also devote our lives to our brethren.

Mark chapter 10 wrote: 21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Concerning prayer for the dead, Kentucky's original response is on target, even if it is reactionary. Prayer for the dead is pagan and then Roman Catholic. It is NOT Christian.

The example of Christ was to pray for the living, because He Himself was leaving the world. John chapter 17 displays this fully. Here are two pertinent verses: "11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves."

So we pray not for the dead, but rather, those who have departed should be praying for us, the living! Read your Bible, rather than a Catechism, and this is the only valid conclusion, since the Christian should understand that once he is dead, his spirit returns to God. Therefore how could we who are in this feeble flesh do anything more for they who are with God?

2 Corinthians chapter 5 wrote: 6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

This is Christian Identity, not Catholic Identity! Coming to the Truth means having a mind like a little child - void of presuppositions. Do not put new wine into old skins. Toss those old Roman Catholic skins into the trash, and put the new wine into new skins.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Previous

Return to New Testament Discussion