This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

“O faithless and perverted race" Mathew 17:14

Discussions concerning the New Testament

“O faithless and perverted race" Mathew 17:14

Postby Joe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:59 am

14 And upon coming to the crowd a man approached Him, falling on his knees 15 and saying “Prince, have mercy upon my son, because he is an epileptic and has a malady! For many times he falls into the fire, and many times into the water. 16 And I brought him to Your students, yet they have not been able to heal him!” 17 And replying Yahshua said “O faithless and perverted race, until when must I be with you? Until when must I put up with you? Bring him here to Me!” 18 And Yahshua admonished him and the demon came out from him, and the child had been healed from that moment.Christogenea NT

He does not seem to like this guy, "until when must I put up with you?" ...this guy could not be Adamic or Israelite ? ...since He will be with us forever. Or is it because we have always fallen short of His expectations ? (is this a case where it should be generation rather than race ?).

I know it is probably difficult to get much from this short passage but I thought I would see if anyone had some thoughts on it...
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: “O faithless and perverted race" Mathew 17:14

Postby wmfinck » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:24 am

http://christogenea.org/content/matthew-chapters-16-and-17-christogenea-talkshoe-07-08-2011
In my Matthew Chapters 16 and 17 commentary I wrote:The phrase “faithless and perverted race” is a remark about Israel, not the jews! As has been explained previously, the children of Israel were faithless and perverted because of the alien element among them, which having usurped authority in the kingdom had led them away from true instruction, from true education in the Word, into a host host of errors and misconceptions.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: “O faithless and perverted race" Mathew 17:14

Postby Joe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:13 am

Then "Until when must I be with you" would be; 'with you in this manner, as faithless'. How long must I put up with your faithlessness...

As my understanding is He will be with us always. Not with jews.

edit: I understand now after prayer. It is because He will take up the Cross.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Return to New Testament Discussion