This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Parables....

Discussions concerning the New Testament

Re: Parables....

Postby Xile » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:14 am

I find myself asking "How is it that nonwhites who go to Church and supposedly accept Jesus, will not get salvation?" Then I remember how sinful my own people act with their homosexuality and other such degeneracy and I might also ask this question: "How could all of Israel be saved if they openly reject God's laws?"

It's because people have this stupid habit of placing God in a tiny box and want to justify certain things by works, but the Bible clearly says that we are saved through grace and not of our own will. Even the ones who are rebellious will be saved. Our own self-proclaimed notions of good and bad are meaningless in the long term.

Why does it say that God looks at the hearts and not the outward appearance? Doesn't that tell us exactly who will be saved? God chooses us, we don't choose God. I remember during my rebellious stage - I cried out how much I didn't want to worship any god and on the very next day - I repent for my sins. I felt the presence of God (Spirit?) leading me to repentance.

I think the first step of truly understanding the Bible is to get rid of every universal mentality and begin anew.
Christians don’t need to “get” saved. Christ’s Salvation of His people Israel is an accomplished fact, not something we must “get”. - Pastor Mark Downey
Xile

Postby Kentucky » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:25 am

Xile wrote:I find myself asking "How is it that nonwhites who go to Church and supposedly accept Jesus, will not get salvation?"

http://kinsmanredeemer.com/OStranger.htm

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:07 am

After reviewing Bill's paper on Luke 8, I now understand Isaiah 6 and Matthew 13:15. Just wanted to add this as I misunderstood Bruce's post.
Here is the part of Bill's paper for guidance:
"In our own uncleanness we ourselves do not deserve the Truth of the Word of God, as we see in Isaiah chapter 6 verses 5 through 7 that even he did not deserve that truth, having what he considered to be “unclean lips”. Therefore it is clear that a lot of us, as well as those of our enemies, are to remain blind as to the purposes of our God. The example here is primarily that Yahweh Himself chooses out from among His people those who shall see and hear and who shall learn His truths. The rest of the people – whether they be His or not, Israel or not, they remain blinded for as long as it is determined by Him. As for the children of Israel who do not heed the Word of Yahweh, He relinquishes them to the enemy. For that reason Paul, speaking of unrepentant sinners, instructs us to turn such as them over to Satan for destruction of the flesh – that the Spirit may be saved in the day of Christ."

The Word of Yahweh is a gift, of which we are (I am) unworthy, as some of the Israelites among the crowd were unworthy. It has always been puzzling why my own family seems to be scared of learning such things ...only Yahweh can open their eyes. I will humble myself, and be more patient, I was wrong. The Sabbath will soon be upon my area of the World, I will spend that time meditating on this.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby brucebohn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 am

The Word of Yahweh is a gift, of which we are (I am) unworthy, as some of the Israelites among the crowd were unworthy. Quote:

Yes, and those Israelite/Judahite's among that "crowd" "blinded
and of hardened hearts" for nothing was to come in the way of the
Sacrifice that had to be! Had they understood, they would have
nailed the "High Priest's" to a Cross.............
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Postby Joe » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:18 am

^Wow, I never thought of that aspect, Yahweh's Will is Done. Not as I think it should be done ...thus one can put their faith in Yahweh and not worry about the cares of the World so much.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Previous

Return to New Testament Discussion