This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Luke 4:23 Lets Start a Revolution

Discussions concerning the New Testament

Luke 4:23 Lets Start a Revolution

Postby TheAryanPathtoHELL » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:48 pm

I am a new to the Bible and keep getting amazed by what I am reading. To set the stage, the following verse takes place just after Jesus was in the wilderness for 40 days tempted by Satan (i am guessing tempted with sex from wilderness non-whites seeking his good seed/life). The following Sabbath day after he returned, he went into a synagogue and this is part of what he said:

American King James Version

"And he said to them, You will surely say to me this proverb, Physician, heal yourself: whatever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in your country."

So what happened in Capernaum you might ask? Read the following for more detail but it was essentially an Israelite racial awakening and revolt I am guessing. If whites revolt they are not going to destroy their own city like blacks in LA. (I just copied the below history from Wikipedia so the words are deceptive)

"Capernaum started out as a fishing village, and was inhabited from the 1st century AD to 13th century AD. It had a population of 1,500. There was a small amount of room here but enough room for a synagogue. When Jesus abandoned Nazareth he went to Capernaum and made it into his home. In Capernaum he chose his first four disciples which are followers. Their names were James, John, Peter and Andrew. (Their Hebrew names were יַעֲקֹב, יוֹחָנָן, כֵּיפָא and אַנְדְּרֵי.) During the first Jewish revolt Capernaum was not damaged, and this revolt happened during 66-70.

The town is mentioned in the New Testament: in the Gospel of Luke it was reported to have been the home of the apostles Peter, Andrew, James and John, as well as the tax collector Matthew. In Matthew 4:13 the town was reported to have been the home of Jesus. According to Luke 4:31-44, Jesus taught in the synagogue in Capernaum on the Sabbath. In Capernaum also, Jesus healed a man who had the spirit of an unclean devil and healed a fever in Simon Peter's mother-in-law. According to Matthew 8:5-13, it is also the place where a Roman Centurion asked Jesus to heal his servant. A building which may have been a synagogue of that period has been found beneath the remains of a later synagogue."
TheAryanPathtoHELL

Re: Luke 4:23 Lets Start a Revolution

Postby wmfinck » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:48 am

You are admittedly new to the Bible, but you are also new to History also, I gather.

Those words of Christ were spoken roughly 35 years before the Judaean revolt of 65-70 AD.

The Judaean revolt was one of mostly Edomite jews against a mostly Aryan Rome. The Galilaians were drawn into it by the Edomite in Jerusalem.

Seeing that Capernaum did not suffer damage (no time to check Josephus right now, so I will take your word for it), it is evident that Capernaum did not take part in the Edomite revolt with the rest of Judaea (including Galilee). Roman troops retook Galilaia with comparatively little trouble, and the historian Josephus was actually a captured Galilaian general.

Jerusalem was totally destroyed at the end of this revolt, fulfilling the words of Christ spoken almost 40 years beforehand.

Please get a better grip on History and the Bible, before you make a wrong turn and drive off a cliff!
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to New Testament Discussion